World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

I'm once again looking for some of the wealth of knowledge and advice you lads have on here between ye all.

I'm looking for a new split ring pliers that have a braid snipper attached and fancy going the AliExpress route for it, I just need something cheap but not rubbish for lure maintenance at home and not on the rocks. (well not much anyway)

Is there anyone brand or model in particular you have tried and found better than others?

Also I recently purchased 22 VMC trebles from Holland which are great but I do need maybe two or three times that and would like to give some trebles (maybe even singles if you can bend my arm!) on AliExpress a try as I've been impressed by the ones used on the Aoclu lures that I've caught a shedload of fish on already.

Also split rings themselves, have you tried any from Ali that you have been impressed by?

It's worth mentioning that my local tackle shop is rubbish, absolutely savagely overpriced and staffed by the most clueless ignorant bunch you would ever meet so I'd rather go without than shop there!

Any advice at all is and will be greatly appreciated and I won't forget it if ye ever come here fishing, I'd be delighted to show ye a few marks once yer catch and release that is, otherwise I'd be burned at the stake by the rest of the locals haha!

Nick.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have some split rings coming from AliExpress as we speak , I will let you know how I get on .
I did get some 4 & 5 mm ones recently from a different seller on ali. But I honestly couldn't tell the difference in size ( I think the 5mm ones were mislabelled ) I have been changing some of the trebles on my lures to singles but like to rig them with 2 split rings. The new order is an assorted box.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hi Nick
I hear from a reliable source that the black split rings in allblue shop on aliexp are good and I have some on the way.
Also got a bundle of mustad kaijo singles on the way as well, they're a steal at the moment.
Don't know about pliers, might be a false economy, I have the excellent texas tackle ones, there's not much difference in price, no braid snip though.
I have noticed lately that things are taking longer than usual to get here from china if you're in a rush
Greg

·
Registered
361 Posts
Never the fan of cheap castings, i went for Spro ones instead, many models to suit pockets.
Got some with braid snips around 15 notes.Ticks my boxes.

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much for the advice lads!

You don't have a link for those pliers by any chance do you Matt? they look ideal for my needs.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I bought a pair of savage gear split ring pliers/braid cutters, they were £5.99. In a local tackle shop, also things like split rings and hooks are cheap enough as they are, I wouldn't but them from alliexpress myself personally, the lures from there can be brilliant but i don't trust their metals

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have been using Aliexpress split rings for a couple of years and would recommend these Papixa:-
50pcs / 100pcs Stainless Steel Split Ring Diameter from 4mm to 12mm Heavy Duty Fishing Double Ring Connector Fishing Accessories
Also been using these hooks haven't had any trouble with them but not caught anything bigger than 58cm on them:-
10 Pieces Super Sharp High Carbon Steel Treble Hooks 1# 2# 4# 6# 8# 10# 12# Strong Treble Fishing Hook Fish Hook Fishing Tackle
These pliers are ok for the usual size split rings too:-
Multifunctional Stainless Steel Fishing Plier + Cover Fish Hook Remover Line Cutter Fishing Scissors Fishing Tool 4.9"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts