World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Great report again Nicolas.
I should have been out there with you yesterday but my old Trooper wouldn't start for me.
I had mackerel there myself from the boat on Sunday. The Clyde is stuffed full of sprats right now. Lots of bird activity on the surface and scales in the water.
Might bump into you :eek: out there soon.....

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
477 Posts
A belter of a video. thanks for sharing. Again.:)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Great video. Arran looking magnificent. We (or at least I) used to think of Pollack as a summer fish which preferred the warmer water. Amazing to see them so active in those temperatures. Maybe we just don't go out enough in the winter.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I
Great video. Arran looking magnificent. We (or at least I) used to think of Pollack as a summer fish which preferred the warmer water. Amazing to see them so active in those temperatures. Maybe we just don't go out enough in the winter.
If the water is nice and clear , you will catch them , that's why west is best for winter pollocking hopeful

·
Registered
207 Posts
I always had the same idea pollock preferred warmer temps although I’ve had my Pb lure caught fish a stonker of a 7lb pollock in the middle of January from the shore

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice fish. Some fantastic scenery for you to be amongst too. I've fancied a kayak for what seems like forever but haven't really got the nerve for it, not that I'm afraid of water or can't swim - I've done a bit of SCUBA - probably just a case of old dogs and new tricks.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice fish. Some fantastic scenery for you to be amongst too. I've fancied a kayak for what seems like forever but haven't really got the nerve for it, not that I'm afraid of water or can't swim - I've done a bit of SCUBA - probably just a case of old dogs and new tricks.
Find people with kayaks around where you stay and join them . Learn all the basic , paddle a lot and then have fun and enjoy the fishing . Go out with a group ...Morangler

1 - 13 of 13 Posts