World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and a cuple a m8's set off to west bexington yesterday left at 9.00 pop in the shop at westbay for some bate no lug worm only rag and some hermit crabs so got to the beach at 10, walked right off the car park , looked out for a white house as am told this is a good marker, there was 3 of us with 2 rods each ,loads a people down there fishing , I managed to pull in 1 crab witch I cut up and used,
we left at 8 with nothing couldnt belive walking back to the car talking to peolpe on the way that we were not a lone no one seemed to be having any luck , o well thats the way it go's , ya win some but me i lose a lot , keep the faith :unsure:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont realy no all the names for the rigs but i used a up and over pennel rig if i got that right , i think the other ones called a pulley rig , and yes normaly i do get some dogs , just cant under stand y i was geting nothing , but any advice would be nice and dam help full by the looks of it i need some thing

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I dont know about bexi, but one of the mistakes i've made before is sending out baits either too big or baits that badly mask the hook, with doggies i have found that offering a bit of squid or macky, not much bigger than a thumb nail does the trick. Often used on a flapper or a flowing trace with hooks no bigger than 3/0. I will stand corrected if any one else disagree's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts