World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, wondering if anyone can give me some advice on where I can go on Friday to fish throughout the day. Normally head off to Mumbles pier but as that's currently U/S I'd be grateful for any ideas for marks about 30 miles either side of Swansea.

Cheers

·
Registered
244 Posts
Gazza,
Went down to the Ogmore estuary this morning and got talking to a chap who as it turns out is a member of this very site (TOG). If you delve back thru the threads you'll find he had a good day catching a few very respectable schoolies.
So if your looking for a venue for tomorrow look no further. High water for tomorrow (26/05/05) is at 8:49am. I may go down for a jaunt meself.
Best regards
Denzle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Denzle,

Sounds great. I'm new to the area and don't know much about Ogmore - any chance of some idiot proof directions to Ogmore from Swansea, and then to the mark.

cheers

Gaz

·
Registered
208 Posts
Try one of the gowers many beaches, they fish well at low water and high. The hardest part is fishing on the ebb unless you can cast a long way out. Try caswell or three cliffs

·
Registered
244 Posts
Gazza,
Take the Bridgend turn off from the M4 (Macarthur Glen) head toward the town centre, you'll pass the Princess of Wales Hospital about a mile down from the the motorway turn off, carry on straight thru until you come to a round about,you'll see a pub called the "Coity Castle" go under the bridge and head toward a second set of traffic lights and roundabout, turn left at the lights and drive along the dual carriageway past nolton church (watch out for the speed cameras along this road) you'll encounter another set of traffic lights you'll have to bear right at the junction, you'll see a pub called the "Five Bells" and next to that the famous Ewenny angling shop, so if you require any baits or provisions thats were its at. Carry on for a mile or so and you'll come to the roundabout from hell, go straight thru the roundabout and head toward Ogmore-By-Sea, you'll pass Ewenny pottery on the left, carry on down the road and around a gradual right hand bend until you see a fork in the road, take the right turn and carry on for a few miles, you should now be able to see the river heading toward the estuary, follow the road and pass the "Pelicon" pub on the left hand side (opposite Ogmore castle). Follow the coastal road all the way around until you can see the estuary, you'll have to take a right hand turn at the apex of the hill and from there you go down into a parking area. You may be stopped at the hill and asked to pay £1.50. You can either fish the estuary or head for the beach just around the corner, there are plenty of marks you could chose from.
Hope this has'nt been too confusing.
Best regards and tight lines

1 - 5 of 5 Posts