World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at ilfracombe pier, anyone wish to join me lol?

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
They've been dredging the lower deck of the pier this week - don't know if it will affect the fishing.:g: There was a dirty great barge moored up at the side with a tracked digger on it's bow. Pulling all sorts of crap out.
We're going to Puts on Monday night from about 9.30 to 12.30 or so.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats alright i have got a certain taste for them now as the last ones i caught i tried and really liked them.
lee was the barge there mate?.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:) u no it makes sense mate.
glad to see the back of it, hopefully the oldenburg wont be in.
i reckon i will get (this is my prediction btw lol) doggies a few small pollack a few wrasse and food poisenin from the kebab shop :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
its wasnt dredging, it was full of sand they shipped in form somewhere. they were just unloading it on the pier into trucks and carting it off to somewhere else.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
its wasnt dredging, it was full of sand they shipped in form somewhere. they were just unloading it on the pier into trucks and carting it off to somewhere else.
When we were there on Thursday evening it was dredging the lower deck - pulling out tons of rock and debris from the old pier.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fair play, whatever it was doing at least it has gone now, does anyone know if the mackie are showing round capstone?.

·
Registered
476 Posts
When we were there on Thursday evening it was dredging the lower deck - pulling out tons of rock and debris from the old pier.
hmm strange, may be it was just clearing the bottom so that it could moor up by the side of the pier, but yeah, what ever it was doing, thank god its gone.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
hmm strange, may be it was just clearing the bottom so that it could moor up by the side of the pier, but yeah, what ever it was doing, thank god its gone.
I was told that they were making the berth deeper for when the ferry service starts to Swansea.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I was told that they were making the berth deeper for when the ferry service starts to Swansea.
Seriously?

I think that a ferry service to Swansea is a very long way off indeed.

Much more work is needed before any ferry would be able to dock at Ilfracombe. Unless it will be a very small one.

And if they are not going to change the pier to accommodate this new ferry then they will certainly ban fishing from it.

I might well join you down there tonight D/F need to get some bait firstly though.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Seriously?

I think that a ferry service to Swansea is a very long way off indeed.

Much more work is needed before any ferry would be able to dock at Ilfracombe. Unless it will be a very small one.

And if they are not going to change the pier to accommodate this new ferry then they will certainly ban fishing from it.

I might well join you down there tonight D/F need to get some bait firstly though.

Cheers
they recon sometime in 2008. will be able to pop over to wales for the winter cod fishing then!

full story here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts