World Sea Fishing Forums banner

all nighter on the bank holiday monday

714 views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Skeletor 
#1 ·
at ilfracombe pier, anyone wish to join me lol?

#2 ·
They've been dredging the lower deck of the pier this week - don't know if it will affect the fishing.:g: There was a dirty great barge moored up at the side with a tracked digger on it's bow. Pulling all sorts of crap out.
We're going to Puts on Monday night from about 9.30 to 12.30 or so.

#6 ·
:) u no it makes sense mate.
glad to see the back of it, hopefully the oldenburg wont be in.
i reckon i will get (this is my prediction btw lol) doggies a few small pollack a few wrasse and food poisenin from the kebab shop :)

#13 ·
I was told that they were making the berth deeper for when the ferry service starts to Swansea.
Seriously?

I think that a ferry service to Swansea is a very long way off indeed.

Much more work is needed before any ferry would be able to dock at Ilfracombe. Unless it will be a very small one.

And if they are not going to change the pier to accommodate this new ferry then they will certainly ban fishing from it.

I might well join you down there tonight D/F need to get some bait firstly though.

Cheers

#14 ·
Seriously?

I think that a ferry service to Swansea is a very long way off indeed.

Much more work is needed before any ferry would be able to dock at Ilfracombe. Unless it will be a very small one.

And if they are not going to change the pier to accommodate this new ferry then they will certainly ban fishing from it.

I might well join you down there tonight D/F need to get some bait firstly though.

Cheers
they recon sometime in 2008. will be able to pop over to wales for the winter cod fishing then!

full story here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.