World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up to any of you lads who fancy drowning any worms west of swansea-don't bother. 4 trips and 20 hours fishing have produced the grand total of one whiting over a pound between four of us. Don't know about further west but Llanelli burry port and Pembrey are dead only fish in the sea would lose a fair fight with a stickleback- I'm getting so desperate for a decent sized fish I'm even thinking of going after those Jack dogfish everyones on about

·
Registered
188 Posts
Your a brave guy being out there in the last 20 hours or so ,come to jack land and have some sport with the doggies lol. I think your username is brill welcome

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol thanks m8 just arranged to meet my brother-in-law at Mumbles will let you know how I get on

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Well if you are fishing Places like Cefn Sidan little wonder you aren't catching owt!
Burry Port off the old Barrel Post over High Water should produce whiting.
"The Ledges" at Rhossilli will produce whiting, dabs, codling, again from mid water over the top to mid down, & any of the points on Gower From Langland right down to Fall Bay will produce fish, & one of the threads recorded 2 3lb+ codling last night.
Even "The Knab" is producing whiting over high water, try Swansea West Pier if you are pushed, park up where the charter boats are moored & walk out along the breakwater, fishing either out onto the beach, or into the river will produce fish.
Cant help any more than that, you can even get your bait where you park your car, in Rogers Tackle Shop.
blueskip

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Nope! The permit was issued for people who used the Docks property, they either haven't got the right (or the balls) to charge people for using something that belongs to the Council. I think ABP still hold a lease on the Breakwater but they dont go over there, they were/are only interested in the actual docks & the "so called" level of pilfering that was going on, & suprise, suprise, since they banned angling, it hasn't changed one iota! So as was said at the time, you have to look elsewhere for your thieves!
blueskip

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went to Tesco on the way home and the fishmonger wouldn't even sell me a fish. All night fishing mumbles and all to show was one small Whiting-I'm sure it's the same bugger following me around. I tried sidan because i was talking to a guy who said he'd taken nice whiting and a couple of codling from the far Eastern side (Pembrey harbour) but all I acheived was to get the Land Rover stuck. Thanks for the info Skip i'll try the pier BTW a chap I was talking to last night rekoned that there were fish off the Marina anybody know what the legalities of fishing there are?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Talking to a guy last night who said that the west breakwater was fishing well, opposite the Irish Ferry Port, fishing into the river, just before the marina gates.
I haven't fished it myself, but it is convenient & comfortable fishing, & the whiting have always been plentiful in the river mouth.
Regards legallity, I dont think anybody has the power to stop you provided you dont pose a threat to marine traffic, if a boat comes in reel in, saves both of you grief.
A.B.P. have no jurisdiction on the west breakwater any more, the permit they issued was a joint one, now they have stopped the fishing on the east pier & breakwater, they dont care about the west unless you pose a threat to mariners, then that is quite different to trespass law.
blueskip

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Never heard of any, but its the sort of thing that would be kept quiet!
blueskip

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dear all,

I am fairly new to sea fishing and live near the Swansea area. Can you tell me exactly where Swansea West Pier is? Is it down the Marina? Also can you recommend which bait to use and whether to fish high/low tide?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
the west pier is the pier that you walk directly onto when passing roders tackle shop.

I tend to use lug and mack or lug and squid. ONly reaaly caught whiting off here, but i cant see why codling cant be caught, at the end you are casting directly into quiet deep water.

anyone else got any oppinions.
kelvin

·
Registered
281 Posts
hi

directions to swansea west are as follows.

head through swansea passing toys r us and tesco, and after the new car park on the left hand side, take the first left. this road takes you around into the bay passing a hotel ( think its travelodge - not sure ). keep on that road, passing boat yards etc until you reach the end of the road ( there are stretches of pobbles ). there is a small car park on the bottom of the road with a public toilet. There is a tackle shop right in front of you to pick up any bait required (Roger's Tackle?, and walk straight out onto the pier.

any incorrections, please amend, havent been for ages!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fished it tonite not even a bite think I'm gonna pack up my gear until the summer and go after bass my local Tesco fish counter dealer has banned me for just standing there and staring at fish that are more than a pound

1 - 14 of 14 Posts