World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allans match/comp was fished at the pryamids last night, Weather well was not bad but blowing a 40mph gust exellent conditions as we all found out, out of 16 people no1 blanked, fair few bass caught, lots of Sole, 1 Smoothound, 2 Red Mullet, Gurnard,Eels and Pout.

Me personally, i turned up at 7pm i got pegged just before the lifeguard station wass really happy as i got a decent peg, wind was blowing a hooley (THAT WAS FUN TRYING TO PUT A BEACH BUDDY IN 40MOH GUSTS NOT) managed to do it tho so i set about my tactics for the night i thought bass will be about with the sea being really choopy so i fished with a Home made Flat Out Rig , 3 Hooks size 4's fully loaded with rag, i was doin really well with the 1st 3 casts saw a 28cm Bass then the next came a 24cm Sole well happy NEW SPECIES TO MY SIGNATURE, i was thinking i might be in with a chance here, the next cast came and a good bend down struck into it to no avail missed the bite, then all went tit's up from there with the next cast big birds nest (NOT HAPPY) got fed up so cut my line but brought my rig in 1st soughted the nest out put shockleader on it then carried on fishing, baited up and cat out another nest managed to sort it out left my bait were it landed but nothing. fished intill midnight came to the Weigh in an i was either 4th or 5th so not a bad night after all...

Looking forward to next match 10th october at stokes any tactics an species information will be very gratefully recieved.......

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
Well done Jason, you still up for Steyning on Sunday? Wind forecast looks promising so it should be a good day

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
what do you hope to catch at steyning???thats my neck of the woods.
Sheep :lmao::lmao:

It is Sussex Casting Club on Sunday, and a very good day it is looking to be too.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol thats y im taking wellies lol

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Allans match/comp was fished at the pryamids last night, Weather well was not bad but blowing a 40mph gust exellent conditions as we all found out, out of 16 people no1 blanked, fair few bass caught, lots of Sole, 1 Smoothound, 2 Red Mullet, Gurnard,Eels and Pout.

Me personally, i turned up at 7pm i got pegged just before the lifeguard station wass really happy as i got a decent peg, wind was blowing a hooley (THAT WAS FUN TRYING TO PUT A BEACH BUDDY IN 40MOH GUSTS NOT) managed to do it tho so i set about my tactics for the night i thought bass will be about with the sea being really choopy so i fished with a Home made Flat Out Rig , 3 Hooks size 4's fully loaded with rag, i was doin really well with the 1st 3 casts saw a 28cm Bass then the next came a 24cm Sole well happy NEW SPECIES TO MY SIGNATURE, i was thinking i might be in with a chance here, the next cast came and a good bend down struck into it to no avail missed the bite, then all went tit's up from there with the next cast big birds nest (NOT HAPPY) got fed up so cut my line but brought my rig in 1st soughted the nest out put shockleader on it then carried on fishing, baited up and cat out another nest managed to sort it out left my bait were it landed but nothing. fished intill midnight came to the Weigh in an i was either 4th or 5th so not a bad night after all...

Looking forward to next match 10th october at stokes any tactics an species information will be very gratefully recieved.......
Did you not have a spare rod set up ready to go?:busted_co

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ii usualy do but i never normally have any problems but sod'slaw will have it the time i dont take my other setup the 1 i use f""ks up. Wont make the same mistakes twice....

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
ii usualy do but i never normally have any problems but sod'slaw will have it the time i dont take my other setup the 1 i use f""ks up. Wont make the same mistakes twice....
Yeah even spare reels ready to go should see you back in the water inside a minute.:)

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
indeed lesson lernt i normally have two rods on the go anyway bring 1 in and put the other out as soon as the other 1 is in, so im always baiting up and kept busy..

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
who runs the comps up there now?
is richard cook still involved?
he tought me to cast over 200yrds,he is a great teacher....
think u might of put one to many "0s" on that quote mr p!!:roll1::roll1:

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
who runs the comps up there now?
is richard cook still involved?
he tought me to cast over 200yrds,he is a great teacher....
Mark Jakins runs the show there now, it is a good day out, very friendly and a lot of the top casters come along. If you are at a loose end Sunday why not swing past, we are up on the top of the hill in the same field the model aeroplane lads use.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
very good mr w,
are you coming ou to play on the 13th sept????
maybe!! got my eye on the sas event a week or so later... but that i think is on monster tides..ill contact u nearer the time if im gonna attend yours and see if youve any spare places... but quite possibly yes ill be there ..

G

·
maybe!! got my eye on the sas event a week or so later... but that i think is on monster tides..ill contact u nearer the time if im gonna attend yours and see if youve any spare places... but quite possibly yes ill be there ..
nice one mate,
just give me a pm if you wish to enter....look forward to
hopefully seeing you on the 13th...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
G

·
we should be up there tonight paul if your up for it
hi ally,
can't make tonight as i need to go bait digging for the weekend!
i have got a match on sunday and sat evening we maybe going down
the bay of plenty to look for an early codling!!!
i would love to join you and badger another time if thats ok??
would be nice if i can beat my PB.......

ps,have we got plenty of match cards and c&r charts for the 13th???

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
hi ally,
can't make tonight as i need to go bait digging for the weekend!
i have got a match on sunday and sat evening we maybe going down
the bay of plenty to look for an early codling!!!
i would love to join you and badger another time if thats ok??
would be nice if i can beat my PB.......

ps,have we got plenty of match cards and c&r charts for the 13th???
i have 20 of each but can photo copy as many as u need
just let me know how many people u got next friday morning and i will do as many as u need

1 - 20 of 21 Posts