World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not wen there ain't no bass about had the 1s I caught down there in the first 45min then not even a knock upto high or I would have stayed I did stay for the first 20mins off the down but nothin happened so I gave up n walked back to the jettys

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
That's normal. The first bit of flood produces smaller fish. Over high nothing them the ebb all the way down until the mid starts to show produces the better fish. Have fished it loads. Wrong time of year for the better bass anyway.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had a van down there n fished it loads I ived down there for a yr plenty of schoolies all the way along the front there seen better fish from infront of yacht club . without a doubt fishes better on the ebb all the way down to a bt a foot 18 " of water . had codling up to 5.5lb on a night early morning high td dogfish aswell November time ..I wldnt be surprised if a couple of Rays don't show up along there I never fished for em back then, but they are catching em off beach just rnd bend at cliffe now , my theory is they must come up the new channel for the container port .. cos they didn't seem to show this far up yrs before, not from beaches that ive heard the stories of ?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yh I no wat u mean lucky but I was just waisting bait catching wat ever, I fish it a lot in the summer n used to yak fish the oyster bed at the back off the bar few yrs back n reelemin I haven't had any Ray's off the front but I have the point n st Mary's n Egypt bays last 2 summers I don't really fish the front wen either side areas fish a lot better although I've heard off a bloke last summer havin afew off the front don't no if it's true tho

1 - 8 of 8 Posts