World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how the beaches from Allonby to Beckfoot are doing at the moment?

anyone have anything to report?

·
Registered
606 Posts
I know someone who puts nets out in these areas bit taboo for us but suppose everyone has to make a living...Anyway he keeps me informed on what fish he gets in em at the mo its the odd codling will let u know when he gets bass in em.:g:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi fished Allonby today (Sunday), quite a few plaice and flounders, were caught. Also 2 common eels caught 1 of the mates caught a small codling, just sized. The other mate caught quite a large bass don't know the exact size of it as it straightened the hook out!! So it was quite a good days fishing for all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers, if the bass are showing I might have a look out this week.

What were you catching on?

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
I know someone who puts nets out in these areas bit taboo for us but suppose everyone has to make a living...Anyway he keeps me informed on what fish he gets in em at the mo its the odd codling will let u know when he gets bass in em.:g:
read on a recent post that nets have to be taken off on may 1st, ??

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi fished Allonby today (Sunday), quite a few plaice and flounders, were caught. Also 2 common eels caught 1 of the mates caught a small codling, just sized. The other mate caught quite a large bass don't know the exact size of it as it straightened the hook out!! So it was quite a good days fishing for all.
Richard I never saw u at the match yesterday??? :blink:
were u fishing the match or were u at a different bit?

Well I was one of the blankers yesterday at allonby, maybe I wouldve caught something if I actually had hooks on with the beads and sequins :unsure:

As it was mentioned there were a few plaice and flounders and comon eels caught, nothing of great size apart from the bass that got away after straightening the guys hook.

weather was terrible, high winds, heavy rain at times, big surf......... Im absolutely nackered 2dayafter walking about 15miles up and down the beach allday lol. maybe if I had caught something I wouldnt be moaning about it :yucky:

Ill be back, hopefully in better weather for better fishing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts