World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at Knab Rock on Sunday 9th as a change from Oxwich, & because I have a "big sexy boat" I shouldn't be messing around the wreck after triggers, "I should be offshore drifting over the banks" etc??? :unsure:
Anyway we decided to target bream on the outer reef & we arrived just before high water, as soon as the anchor went down & we started fishing they started hitting the baits, they certainly preferred the maddies to the squid! They all looked as though they had been cast from the same mould though 26/27cm! loads of the little buggers, we did manage to get 5 big enough for OUR MLS though :yeah:
Marc then caught 2 codling both of which would have been legally keepable (but to his credit they went back) & we caught quite a few "fingerling" codling, along with whiting & pouting, plus tub & a single red gurnard, dogs of course, & one nice pollack & a bass, & a single large mackerel!:crazy:
On the start of the flood a charter boat anchored alongside us, & a couple of the "Aberflyarf SAC" on board thought it would be a good idea to start casting as close as they could to our boat!:giveup: well done skipper on sitting in your wheelhouse & not telling them behave themselves, I am very tempted to "name & shame"!:rtfm: We were thinking of making a move anyway, & that combined boatfull of arseholes made the decision for us.
I intended to fish for plaice in a little spot I found by accident some years ago, where they wouldn't touch worm, only mackerel strip!:crazy: unfortunately try as we might we couldn't catch any mackerel despite drifting along the Mixon Trench for a mile??? so plan "B" give the SWIGG area a try for them, however on the way I see that "The Strombus" is empty so we zoom across to that & after a few "circuits" I manage to anchor near enough to it. First drop down Marc hits 2 huge pout, followed by loads & loads more, although none as big as the first two, then I had a bream, then Marc had his first ever Ballan Wrasse & a good one it was too, then another 1,000,000 pout to finish off the day, back on the trailer at 6pm after a good day, where the only target we didn't hit, was the plaice that we couldn't get mackerel strip to fish with!:giveup:
One little "Paid4ism":whistling: Marc in the process of gutting the fish, managed to throw my filleting knife overboard with the guts:nonono: I think it must be something in the boat that causes them to do these things, & now my bloody camera wont download the photos that I wanted to post with this report!:nono:

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Great report and just goes to show a little better weather and the Bream come on! Where have all the mackeral gone? Never know it this bad

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Nice report Vic, sounds like a good day......apart from the paid4ism, lol :thumbs:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Cracking days fishing there. Makes my shore fishing weekend look a bit lame :wah:. If i wasnt such a puker on a boat, i'd be researching them right now!! But looks like i may well be genetically disposed to be a land-lubber!! :wheelchai

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Great days fishing and report to match! Shame about the pics!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Launched at Knab Rock on Sunday 9th as a change from Oxwich, & because I have a "big sexy boat" I shouldn't be messing around the wreck after triggers, "I should be offshore drifting over the banks" etc??? :unsure:

:clap3: this made me laugh! appears Blueskip has no memory shortage!

One little "Paid4ism":whistling: Marc in the process of gutting the fish, managed to throw my filleting knife overboard with the guts:nonono: I think it must be something in the boat that causes them to do these things, & now my bloody camera wont download the photos that I wanted to post with this report!:nono:

I did this to my dads filleting knife some years ago, it was bought that day, while i was having a go at a dog fish, it caught in the skin, as the old man said, dont do it on the edge of the boat, slip, over it went, being a knife you cant exactly GRAB it quick so you got it watch it glint its way down out of sight!!
Cracking report, thought i might of seen you out in my big sexy boat as i launched from port eynon and came round to oxwich, but this explains why not!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Cracking days fishing there. Makes my shore fishing weekend look a bit lame :wah:. If i wasnt such a puker on a boat, i'd be researching them right now!! But looks like i may well be genetically disposed to be a land-lubber!! :wheelchai
I am not the best but fair play to Vic he has the same thought about boat fishing as me. It should be about enjoyment not a survival day. If its rough then find shelter or try a beach!

Makes fishing more fun.

And four new species in two weeks:yeah:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great days fishing and report to match! Shame about the pics!
I managed to trace the problem with my photo downloading, caused by a duff "powered USB Hub" from Maplin, stuff from there seems to last no longer than the average "tomato season" :nonono:
So there you are Reg, "I am going Spinning" with his P.B. (& first) bream & wrasse :yeah:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
I managed to trace the problem with my photo downloading, caused by a duff "powered USB Hub" from Maplin, stuff from there seems to last no longer than the average "tomato season" :nonono:
So there you are Reg, "I am going Spinning" with his P.B. (& first) bream & wrasse :yeah:
That'll be UPloading Vic :bleh:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That'll be UPloading Vic :bleh:
"Upload" to my PC, I have to "download" from my camera, & if my "upload" wont work, then my "download" cant either!:nono:
So if you look at it logically, Marc catches a fish, the image of which I "upload" to my camera, then I take it to my PC, & attempt to "download" it from my camera, but without my PC "uploading" my camera cant "download", clear now? :roll1:

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Thought you were out Vic as I heard you making a routine traffic call to the CG late afternoon.
Me & Fish & Chips launched at Oxwich about 9.30am. Really struggled to catch any macky around Oxwich. Finally found them in numbers off Worms Head. Fished our outer Tope mark for 2 & half hours on the flood & had 7 Tope.
If we could"ve picked up bait in the morning & fished it the 3 hours down to LW rather than on the flood think we would have had a lot more.

haedlight

·
Registered
988 Posts
And four new species in two weeks:yeah:
Well . . . i had 4 species at the weekend :clap: - only problem is that i only caught 4 fish :thumbdown!!!!

I'll do better next weekend :schmoll:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts