World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This years double figure Bass club that is! at 9lb6oz the Bass I caught last night whilst doing a bit of Ninja fishing in the surf didn't quite make it but after a tough year trying to find some decent Bass to catch (and watching Simon catch most of the few that we found) this one was by far my largest of the year so far and to say I was chuffed with it was an understatement, especially since it was caught on a glorified Carp rod with a Bass label on it :yahoo: I only thought the Bass was 5-6lb in the water as I guided the fish the 70 or so meters back to the point where I could beach it after wading out to fish, as I pulled it in I was thinking the rod was struggling and was wondering if it would be wise to use it in case I got a big Bass but as soon as I beached it I realised why it had been struggling and that maybe I'd been a bit too bullish in skull dragging it in after I'd played it out out in the sea.

Hunting Fish Fin Recreation Fisherman

As a side note the sea temps are definitely down this year compared to the previous 2, it's already a bit parky standing out there for 2.5hrs and feels more like it did in late December last year so it might be an earlier finish and I don't think there's that much time to catch another one or two before this seasons over.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
nicely done pp !
a very nice fish , it's a shame that the ultimate seems to be measured in "double figures"
i think with that near twenty caught , it's making our catches seem a tad small
good achievement well done :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Nice one, you have a little time yet to go.......the amount of food available for them will make them stay put for now, until well into January, then you will find a few that just don't want to leave. Sunny Brighton & Hove.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Well done PP,I would settle for a little feller like that any Friday night.

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
:clap::clap: a nice Bass Andy and really good to see a report from you mate..

what bait did it take?

I've got plenty of sprats, macky and herring in the freezer:g:

nice pic to Simon:thumbs:

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
This years double figure Bass club that is! at 9lb6oz the Bass I caught last night whilst doing a bit of Ninja fishing in the surf didn't quite make it but after a tough year trying to find some decent Bass to catch (and watching Simon catch most of the few that we found) this one was by far my largest of the year so far and to say I was chuffed with it was an understatement, especially since it was caught on a glorified Carp rod with a Bass label on it :yahoo: I only thought the Bass was 5-6lb in the water as I guided the fish the 70 or so meters back to the point where I could beach it after wading out to fish, as I pulled it in I was thinking the rod was struggling and was wondering if it would be wise to use it in case I got a big Bass but as soon as I beached it I realised why it had been struggling and that maybe I'd been a bit too bullish in skull dragging it in after I'd played it out out in the sea.

View attachment 152874

As a side note the sea temps are definitely down this year compared to the previous 2, it's already a bit parky standing out there for 2.5hrs and feels more like it did in late December last year so it might be an earlier finish and I don't think there's that much time to catch another one or two before this seasons over.
hi pp great fish mate you.l get that double pretty soon mate i know it was it on a lure or bait ..just being nosey ..:sun:eek:n my sea temp site there still giving 10to11 degrees still pretty warm mate its as warm as june

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's a beauty. Good job PP

1 - 20 of 25 Posts