World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
that fish was kept alive aswell so it could be released which is good :) :)

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Wonderful! Now, not many people know this but they are named and get that big by eating ... cats!!! Like big eels they are capable of existing for short periods of time on wet-land. They slide about (ever caught one - they have as much slime as an eel) looking for their favourite prey, the domestic cat! The catcher of this fish, a Mr. Pruuu-it even sounds like a cat! and often uses cats for bait.

Earlier this year we had the most wonderful Blackbird nesting in our New Town garden. He made life wonderful with his territorial song and had even learnt to imitate our 'phone. You've guessed it, the cat from next door got it and I had to get the bait fork out and bury it (wish it had been the cat!) So i'd like to see every cat be forced to wear a bell around it's neck (as well as a brick on the end of a rope!)

Just think you'd be after catfish one dark soundless night, a slight mist over the water, an eery feeling in the pit of your stomach, and you'd hear this muffled bell-ringing! More scary than 'Jaws' music! Well, if it was good enough for Captain Hook's crocodile, it would be good enough for me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts