World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and mickey had another disastrous session. Due to the gusty east wind we thought Alum bay would provide some shelter. We were right on that score but my hopes of the spiders moving were dashed.
We lost count of how many we reeled in and it got way beyond a joke.
We fished off the chairlift so we were quite high up....."i`ll just make a high hook trace and just drop it over" i thought. The buggers were even climbing the line, i kid you not!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ::)
After dark i did have an unknown fish of around a pound and a half but it came off on the surface and a micro pout saved me from a blank.
Mickey had no bites other than crazed crabs fighting over his baits.
After the last time i went there.....i should have bloody known!!
Well, i did get a few nice pics at least.

·
Registered
872 Posts
unlucky on the session m8y but nice pics cant w8 to give the i.o.w a bash in the next few weeks if your up for it m8y i could meet u at a venue(w8ting on your top spot:) )

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
same probs down this way too!
fished a club comp on chesil 2 weeks ago.... i was the lucky one and didnt loose any hooks to them most others did. managed to land 5 of the c**** tho... big ones aswel!!
went for a mess around there yesterday evening and caught one... hell of a scrap! also had 10 mackerel on the spinner

·
Registered
280 Posts
Not long before they start peeling, awesome bait when they do

·
Registered
872 Posts
kk m8y will be the 18th may its a nice spring tide m8y will i need grippers there and is that where u used to get the coloured sand?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kk m8y will be the 18th may its a nice spring tide m8y will i need grippers there and is that where u used to get the coloured sand?
It was a joke, its full of spider crabs there at the minute. I doubt it would have cleared by then but you never know.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pompey.....Just had a look at the tide table and you are right , the tides and moon are perfect for a spot of early sole bashing. I would be more than happy to point you to a reliable mark with the chance of a plaice and half decent bass as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts