World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>I&#39;ve just started fishing and have been about 10 times. I fish at a nice spot in Eastbourne with a 12&#39; beach caster and fixed spool reel. I use 18lb line and 60lb shock lead. I have bought a couple of rigs to start off with. I generally use Black lugworm and feed them onto the hook nearly up to the tail end. The rig i generally use has two hooks. I cast out about 70-100 yds and sit and wait. I have fished both high risingdropping and low tide. Am i just unlucky?
Has anyone have any suggestions that may help to catch SOMETHING. Please remember i am a complete beginner.</font>

·
Registered
39 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Sounds quite unlucky...don&#39;t forget to refresh your bait every 20mins or so, the saltwater will soon leech the flavour of the lug

Is your line tight? Use a gripper lead and tighten the line up so you can see the bite, on a slack line the fish will tend to theive the bait before you&#39;ve noticed.

Is your barb exposed? If not the fish can easily nibble away without getting spiked.

Good luck&#33;</font>

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
<font color='#000000'>The big question Barnaby is do you fish at night or in the day? Night fishing is generally the most productive as the fish tend to come in a lot closer under the cover of darkness.

I dont know what type of groun you fish, but if its a surf beach I would say that you are casting to far out. The best method for contacting bass and flatfish is to wade out about 15 yards and gently cast no more than 30 - 40 yards tops in front of you. Sometimes I only cast about 20 yards from my feet and thats where I come into contact with the fish as they follow the tide inwards in search of food. Try experimenting with different baits and wind direction has a bearing on the amount of fish in an area and so does sea state and tide flow. Hope this helps, if you give more detailed information on the type of beach you fish, conditions and the time of day I might be able to help you out a bitt more. Hold on in there and your patience will reap you the rewards. Tight lines.</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts