World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
<font color='#000000'>The big question Barnaby is do you fish at night or in the day? Night fishing is generally the most productive as the fish tend to come in a lot closer under the cover of darkness.

I dont know what type of groun you fish, but if its a surf beach I would say that you are casting to far out. The best method for contacting bass and flatfish is to wade out about 15 yards and gently cast no more than 30 - 40 yards tops in front of you. Sometimes I only cast about 20 yards from my feet and thats where I come into contact with the fish as they follow the tide inwards in search of food. Try experimenting with different baits and wind direction has a bearing on the amount of fish in an area and so does sea state and tide flow. Hope this helps, if you give more detailed information on the type of beach you fish, conditions and the time of day I might be able to help you out a bitt more. Hold on in there and your patience will reap you the rewards. Tight lines.</font>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.