World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the Sidan Monday night nothing doing until around 2hrs b4 high then 3 small bass in a row-driving back stopped to chat with a couple of lads-think they were from Port Talbot they reckon a m8 of thiers had a 7 1/2 lb bass last week from the beach, then last night I had the same result and 2 guys stopped to talk to me they reckoned that a m8 of thiers had taken 6 fish all over 3 lb and the largest being 10 1/4 !!!!!!!!! Are these people just winding me up or what???

·
Registered
28 Posts
In one word YES. The conditions have been hopeless for the last week or so. Wednesday night or Thursday look ideal, Friday it might be a little to rough. If the sea is flat fish at night and expect fish to about 3lb. If thre's a nice surf fish day or night expect small and big fish. If th sea look rough fish a big bait(whole clam, half mackrel) and expect only big fish but not many.
I will be there Wednesday and possibly Thursday.
Kipper

·
Registered
198 Posts
Caught a 29lb bass the other day
Put it back, couldn't be bothered with the record
it was this big____________________________________!!!!!!!!!
JD

·
Registered
57 Posts
lol JD. only 29lb?

should have seen the one i caught the other day then. it would make that look like a stickleback :p

i put it back aswell though as i aint interested in records ;)

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get people taking the p**s out of me on the beach and when I come here the same thing happens,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it might be true I mean I don't know , I only asked...........muttering off into the sunset ps I'm off down again tonight and i'm GONNA catch one of those big ones just to prove you all wrong nyah Kip won't be there tomorrow 'er indoors is out on the lash/pull whatever she does but I will be out Thurday or Friday may see you there I'm the one in the once blue, now sand coloured Range Rover and Ill probably have a load of people round me telling me about all the big fish their friends have caught :(

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Some people just don’t understand that modesty is a virtue. Can’t stand name droppers, or fisherman liars.

I was discussing this just last night when I was having a pint with Tony Blair and Gordon Brown (They asked me to help them you see, because they keep making a mess of the country). Anyway, after they had the advice, I gave them a quick run down on how I managed to land the 296 lb Conger on a 4 weight fly rod, using a peel-o-crab bait. Next thing I knew, David Beckham came along and begged me to explain how I hooked the world record Cod of 234 lb on a size 22 hook with a single maggot bait, (sounds hard I know, but I did use 4lb test line to be on the safe side).

By now, quite a crowd had gathered round me – so after a lot of pressure I started to re-tell the story of the 76 lb common carp I landed using my sons bamboo fishing pole on a length of wool and a safety pin for a hook.

Anyway Madonna came over (quite shy that girl) and hassled me for my autograph, so I gave her that to stop her crying. The crowd was now so huge; my girlfriend (Salma Hayek) took fifteen minutes just to get to me from the back.

Anyway, back to topic – there is no point embellishing the truth, just to make a story sound good – just follow my example.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lewis, thats just unbelievable-Tony Blair asking for advice, BTW where'd you catch that conger. I did go to the beach last night only had 3 kindergartenies (they were too small to be called schoolies) but I did have a nice 1.8 lb Flounder And I have the photos :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
don't be so pessimistic boys, i know for a fact the 7.5 pounder was a a genuine fish because it was caught in a match i was fishing in, it was the only bass oversize on the night all the other prizes were taken by flounders, there are plenty of school bass out there at the moment as i caught 17 all of them returned, you couldn't leave youre bait in the water long enough for the flounders to find it, it was either a bass or stripped by crabs.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Seymour-and to the rest of you - HAH - now if someone only knows the guy with the 10 pounder

1 - 13 of 13 Posts