World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just back from the open. we fished dunstansteads but rite in the corner next 2 the castle, we had a few chucks with no luck apart from keith hitting it2 a cracking bite but turned out 2 b a cormorant so had 2 wade out & wrestle with it 2 free it
we then moved in2 the middle of the bay on2 the steads themselves & first chuck my rod buckled over & i hit in2 a good fish that hung me up then got it on the move again but it was diving every chance it got, trying 2 pull it through the thick thick kelp was a nightmare but i got it at last a wrasse of 4 1/2lb then as it started 2 flood the codling started 2 hit us but all undersize reddies apart from 1 i had just over so my weight was 5lb-1 3/4oz.
2 pollack got heavyest fish, 1 pollack - 5lb-9oz & the other 5lb-1 oz.
1st & 2nd heavyest bags were 11lb +
i think it was around 130 fished but tony will tell yas better

·
Registered
392 Posts
very nice wrasse indeed!! what bait were you catching on?

·
Registered
217 Posts
excellent sized wrasse mate prob bout 20yrs old or so
am guessin it was killed for the weigh in and then chucked away??
if so what a pity.

not tryin to offend or cause arguments but do yous not think wrasse should be banned from weigh in comps?

cheers:oops:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if so what a pity.

not tryin to offend or cause arguments but do yous not think wrasse should be banned from weigh in comps?

could'nt agree more m8 i would just chuck them back normaly but on a comp what can ya do:wallbash:i did keep it alive all day in a deep pool but it did'nt make the journey back 2 weigh in. but i dont feel so bad as i have a neighbour who eats them, dont know y but he does:wacko:
so any i do get in comps dont get wasted:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
if so what a pity.

Couldn't agree more mate. Although there weren't that many wrasse weighed in yesterday, in my opinion it is a crime to kill these lovely fish just for the sake of a few extra pounds at the weigh-in.

I'll be trying again at our AGM in September to get them banned from our competitions. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
217 Posts
cheers billfish and tony for being understanding lads, was expectin a few repys jumpin down me neck!!:cry:

glad to see yous understand my views on these fish

would be great if where takin out of weigh ins:thumbs:

always good to hear things arnt wasted and will be eaten

cheers

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers billfish and tony for being understanding lads, was expectin a few repys jumpin down me neck!!:cry:

glad to see yous understand my views on these fish

would be great if where takin out of weigh ins:thumbs:

always good to hear things arnt wasted and will be eaten

cheers
there r many lads feel the same way m8 & have been trying 2 change the veiws on wrasse in there clubs but not all feel the same way im afraid:rtfm:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts