World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
306 Posts
I've had more macky off the warkworth side maybe because of the tidal flow around the blocks at that point I dunno-anyway it is a long walk so you don't want to be burdened down with loads of gear.
Lasthope you will have to be very careful if you venture onto that side as there is a huge crack in the last bit of the concrete structure and it goes down into the water,I certainly would'nt advise any younguns or those not of good agility as it can get very slippery.
float fishing with along trace and ragworm has been the best for me at this spot over the years with july being the best month-a building high tide cycle early in the morning being the best...all the best be safe sixo
Oh and please take your rubbish home..cheers

· Registered
1,556 Posts
I've had more macky off the warkworth side maybe because of the tidal flow around the blocks at that point I dunno-anyway it is a long walk so you don't want to be burdened down with loads of gear.
Lasthope you will have to be very careful if you venture onto that side as there is a huge crack in the last bit of the concrete structure and it goes down into the water,I certainly would'nt advise any younguns or those not of good agility as it can get very slippery.
float fishing with along trace and ragworm has been the best for me at this spot over the years with july being the best month-a building high tide cycle early in the morning being the best...all the best be safe sixo
Oh and please take your rubbish home..cheers
what have you been taking on the float mate

· Registered
1,852 Posts
If you get tight up against the gate where it is now , and cast seaward you should be able to get amongst the mackie when they arrive.

Like Sixo says, the north side is a good shot, but a real bugger of a walk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.