World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new to boat fishing but hopefully going out next week from Amlwch in Anglesey. I'm told that it's wind dependant whether we go out or not. What's the score with this, is it down merely to strength or is direction more of a factor? Can anyone point me at some good forecast sites? Has anyone been out from this part of Anglesey lately, can I expect a decent day?

Many Thanks,
Bryn

·
Banned
132 Posts
wind, tide , direction , and the weather in Scotland can all have a effect
if the wind is coming of the land you might get to fish close in. if you get wind over tide then this can really chop up the sea . if the wind is blowing from the north its blowing strait in to amlwch. if its a nice day the fishing can be fab from there.

there will be Pollock on the wrecks over rough ground there will be bull huss dogs strap conger whiting mackerel and a some tope gernard the list goes on. i hope your not fishing pats boat as he can be a pri~k

if you get out you will have a good day

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
hi dustybryn just be careful when u go out there, a boat was capsided and 2 people there lives,always wear a livebelt.shaggy

·
Banned
132 Posts
i was under the impression that it was a arranged charter boat that you where going out on. if not then carefully when coming in to port with a following tide as there is a good rip across the entrance.
but if your on a charter then the skipper will normally have the last say.

have a good day witch every way it gose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. When you say wind over tide what do you mean by that? Forecast at the moment shows about 5 mph blowing North Westerly.It is Pats boat we're going on actually!! Why, what's up with him seemed a nice enough bloke to me?

·
Banned
132 Posts
do you find with pat that he singles some one out in the group and gives them a hard time.

any way wind over tide would be the tide going out (in Amlwch its to the west i think) and the wind blowing at say 20 mph trying to push the tide in gives the result of very short choppy waves but with winds below 10 mph you should (and this is not a guaranty) ok as other factors need to be taken in eg: the size of the tide ect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts