World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a mate to fish the harbour last friday, called at Jokers in Colwyn Bay on the way up for the usual baits and verbal abuse on the way.

Arrived at the harbour to find the breakwater empty so unloaded and walked over to the end, I set up on the corner (with the metal handrails() so I could fish across the boat channel (had some big Wrass there in the past).

Used fresh rag from Jokers and it was fish from the off, had loads of Wrass, some nice big ones too !

I'd caught loads and was pee'd off that I had left the camera in the motor, and was too idle to walk back for it, then realised I had e phone to take photo's !

Again had loads of fun on the float rod right under my feet. In the end I had caught 9 wrass, 4 pollack (one a cracker), a poor cod, and some small whiting. All in all an enjoyable evening !

Hers 3 pics I managed to take with the phone.

Tight lines

·
Registered
51 Posts
nice to see you catching ian. bet joker gave you the normall abuse lol. and also on another subject GLAD YOU LOT STUCK IT TO THE GOONERS 8-2 WOW, dont like to see it MUCH!!!! LOL

·
Banned
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice to see you catching ian. bet joker gave you the normall abuse lol. and also on another subject GLAD YOU LOT STUCK IT TO THE GOONERS 8-2 WOW, dont like to see it MUCH!!!! LOL
yes, what with the fishing and the footy it was a great weekend !

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Ian,
Good report and pictures, well done.
You love that place...........:fishing:
Coastman

·
Banned
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ian,
Good report and pictures, well done.
You love that place...........:fishing:
Coastman
For night fishing its spot on, nice n flat to spread me gear out on (now if I could only get me motor all the way) :punk::punk:

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Fished there all the time from when I was a kid and had so many species of fish there. They use to get double figure cod of there at night in winter and big conger casting into the harbour. Going out in a small boat once and saw a guy struggling to reel something in off the corner and as we came around the bend we saw a flatfish that was two foot long, we told him to hang on and stop pulling but he lost it down the side. Try it at night on a spring tide fishing it all the way up and see what you get. Well done on the catch and tight lines.

·
Banned
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fished there all the time from when I was a kid and had so many species of fish there. They use to get double figure cod of there at night in winter and big conger casting into the harbour. Going out in a small boat once and saw a guy struggling to reel something in off the corner and as we came around the bend we saw a flatfish that was two foot long, we told him to hang on and stop pulling but he lost it down the side. Try it at night on a spring tide fishing it all the way up and see what you get. Well done on the catch and tight lines.
Agreed, its the venue of mine that throws out the widest variety of species (in my opinion)

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Some great fishing thetre Ian. Thanks for the report.

Agreed, its the venue of mine that throws out the widest variety of species (in my opinion)
Trefor pier is also excellent variety of species. Got1on and I had over 20species from there last year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.