World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been making some rigs. I use Amnesia for traces and noticed some discolouration in a length I was using. The black had turned to a dark grey and when I run my finger over it I found it appered to be streched and thinner at that point. Not sure if it was me pulling the knot tight or its a common thing. Anyone else have the same issues. I was using 20lb black Amnesia

Registered
Just been making some rigs. I use Amnesia for traces and noticed some discolouration in a length I was using. The black had turned to a dark grey and when I run my finger over it I found it appered to be streched and thinner at that point. Not sure if it was me pulling the knot tight or its a common thing. Anyone else have the same issues. I was using 20lb black Amnesia
Can't say I've ever seen that and it is usually very good when it comes to the knots.

Back from Exile
Use balck Amnesia in 30lb for pretty much all my hook snoods. Noticed the grey bits fairly often, just put it down to an inconsistent application of the black dye that colours the line. Doesn't stop me using it and haven't had any problems at all with the patchy bits...

G

I also have witnessed such an occurrence with the black amnesia but in 40lb.

As above I tend to just crack on with it and have not had any probs

Registered
Looks like a pigment issue, the feed stock will be very light, off white. Pigment, masterbatch is added to the feed stock before its extruded, if the manufacturer mixes the natural material with pink masterbatch, then the line will be pink, black added black line, and so on.Care is needed when adding pigment to the feed stock, as anything added is a contaminate, even the dye. Russ was bang on. The lighter colour sections of the line should make no difference as to the strength of the monofilament, hope this helps Dave.

Registered
Can I ask where you bought it?

I bought some black Amnesia off Ebay and had exactly the same issue,but have never had any problems with stuff I bought from my local tackle shop.

Registered
just been making some rigs. I use amnesia for traces and noticed some discolouration in a length i was using. The black had turned to a dark grey and when i run my finger over it i found it appered to be streched and thinner at that point. Not sure if it was me pulling the knot tight or its a common thing. Anyone else have the same issues. I was using 20lb black amnesia

we make thousands of rigs, this is just application of the colour has no performance issues whatsoever!! You will see this time and time again!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.