World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a problem tying my usual knots with amnesia - is this normal - is there a reccomended knot for this stuff?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Not really as far as im aware.

Dont wet the line though, for some reason this makes it really difficult almost impossible to pull tight. Something to do with the material its made from. Form your knot as normal and pull up gently without wetting.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3 or 4 turn grinner never had a problem.
the grinners my problem - i knot it fine on mono but the amnesia knots look wonkey and sometimes have gaps between the wraps (if you know what I mean)

The amnesia also seems thick (got 20lb stuff)

Ahh - dont wet - will try that - always wet em usually

thx alot for the tip

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I seem to have a problem tying my usual knots with amnesia - is this normal - is there a reccomended knot for this stuff?
i just use a tucked blood knot on 40lb amnesia 4 snoods,
amnesia has no memory so when u pull the knot up tight the coils 2 your knot
have'nt been stretched, so they look loose, pull tight on the tag end while pushing
the knot up tight.:)

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
I always stretch my snoods after i tie them. Put them on a nail with 2x6oz leads hanging off them & pull down . Tightens the knots up a treat.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Rock
3 or 4 turn grinner never had a problem.

the grinners my problem - i knot it fine on mono but the amnesia knots look wonkey and sometimes have gaps between the wraps (if you know what I mean)

The amnesia also seems thick (got 20lb stuff)

Ahh - dont wet - will try that - always wet em usually

thx alot for the tip
I have no problems with a 3-turn grinner in Amnesia.
I know what you mean about the knot not forming correctly (not just with Amnesia) - I have avoided this by pulling the knot so it is almost tight, then examining it closely. You can then rearrange the knot with your nails (if required) so it looks correct before the final tightening. Works for me anyway.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i use a tucked blood knot, no probs.

the knot will be a little bigger than other lines because it is a thicker line, but by far the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts