World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Amroth 2hrs before HW & 2hrs after, first 2 casts as the water was hitting the stones produced 2 whomping flounders :D Thought to myself this is it my man ;) After that, rockling followed by growlers, followed by more growlers, & more rockling! :angry:
Where are the whiting? :( normally at this time of year its action all the time with whiting & dabs) :(
We badly need some frosts I think to lower the water temperature, wont bother there again for a month, try the next set of tides before Xmas <_<
Small tides next week, if the wind stays down will be amongst the whiting & dabs in Swansea Bay in "Blue Skip" :D Maybe even venture out to the S.W.I.G.G. Bouy if its as flat as a witches t*t & see if I can get me a cod, or at least some big whiting :D Amroth sucks :angry:

·
Registered
208 Posts
blueskip, i fished outside the yelow bouys on friday on the large spring and guess what, bloody doggys all day, did manage some small whiting and pouts thou but less than a pound, i think your right mate we do need some frost and lots of it to get the cod in feeding. so do you find the S.W.I.G.G bouy any good? i&#39;ve allways passed it and carryed on motoring&#33;&#33;&#33; if the weather stays as clam as this i think i may try and find white oyster trench with a bag of juicey clams next week&#33; all the best mate

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have always sworn by the S.W.I.G.G. Bouy area as a cod venue & you only have to see the amount of local boats that congregate there to realise its good. It catches the full run of the flood tide coming over the Mixon Shoal, & both the Rivers Tawe & Neath feed it on the ebb. Big tides can be a nightmare there unless you have a bloody good anchor, & even if you hold ok the 3hrs in mid-flood & ebb are like trying to fish out of a moving car :angry:
Some times the incoming & outgoing shipping can cause you to "twitch" especially if you are moored too close to the bouy, its a mid-channel bouy & if you get too close to it they tend to give you a "reminder" with a 6ft wash, that has you going up & down like a donkeys do-da for 5 mins. The old skipper of the old pilot boat (a bearded git) used to come alongside & give you a ballocking if you were too close, I think someone shot him eventually.
Might see you out there next week if the wind stays down, but not on the White Oyster&#33;

1 - 3 of 3 Posts