World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi mentioned to you guys i was going away to amroth so i wanted to squeeze in some fishing (well i wanna fish all weekend). and i'm going this weekend. is it too early for mackeral off the shore? if not will feathers work this time of year? also what else is around that area this time of year?

cheers for any advice

Todd

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
hi martin
i fish around tenby which is about 5 miles away from amroth.
bit early for macky
might get a bass and prob some flatties.
let us know how u got on.
lug, razor & rag best bet for bait i think.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Martin you will find Amroth to be pretty "hit & miss" this time of year, flounders at low water, "growlers" at high water. You will be better off fishing Laugharne (up past the boathouse) from low water up, with "maddies" or ordinary rag, (lots of flourescent yellow beads above the hook), much more chance of good flounders & bass than the open beaches.
blueskip

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you could go by the calendar,,,,,,,,,,,took the Missus to Tenby end of last May and did a bit of spinning under the Bandstand there. Casting in the gap toward St Catherine's Island. Lovely day and only two others there fishing. Then the tide came in. Thought I was being attacked by Spiderman! Lines shooting over me all shapes. Hoardes of people casting in after the Mackerel. Shedfulls getting pulled out as well. So, as I say, if you can rely on the Calendar another month should see the arrival of Mackerel down that way.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
yeh i live in tenby.
you just cant get a spot cos there are either loads of other fishers or holiday makers on the beach!
madness

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just come back from amroth, after a weekend break, had a go at spinning from the ledges on the left of the beach (by the new inn). but blanked, then tryed my luck for the flatties when the tide started moving out,I fished the tide right out and moved over the beach towards the castle, and using rag on a 3 hook beaded patenoster and casting only about 30- 40 yards, I caught 2 good sized flounder, the biggest of which was just over 14 inches long, forgot my scales so I could not weigh them.
My advice would be to fish the incoming tide for flounder and move over to the ledge on high tide. I`ve heard some reports of bass coming off there.

GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
I'll be in Tenby this weekend but fishing is out of he question. Going down with the missus and probably going into town to get drunk, me drunk with hooks and rods and things. Not a good idea. I can hardly hold my self up never mind hold a rod or prepare a sandeeel/squid wrap when I'm drunk. Ha Ha Ha :p :confused: :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts