World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi All (First post)

Going on holiday to Saundersfoot next week and have heard the fishing at Amroth is OK any advice from people who have fished here would be most appreciated. Also any other suggestions for other fishing venues in the area.

Cheers

Dessyblack</font>

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Fished Amroth about three weeks ago and had a few decent flounder. Biggest fell to my nephew, which was just under 2lb(the flounder that is;-). We used maddies and lug but all fish caught on maddies. I&#39;ve caught on big rag here to. Fished the far left of the beach as you look out to sea near where the stream goes into the sea. Used a three hook flowing trace with lots of beads and sequins and size 2 hooks, though size 1 might be better if using big rag. Hope this helps.</font>

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>Would agree with Johny, although most people who fish there in competitions use a combination of black lugworm and maddies (harbour rag). White rag and black lug seem to be the ultimate combination but the whites are difficult to obtain in any great quantity in Pembrokeshire.

Try adding a variety of sequins and coloured beads to your hooklength and use either a size 1 or 2 hook. Three hook rigs are usually the best for large bags. So long as there are not many other anglers about and there isnt too much run in the tide I would suggest that you use a plain lead as you will cover more ground and it may help to find fish holding features.</font>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for your time, I&#39;ll let you now how I got on when I get back.

Cheers

Dessyblack</font>

·
Registered
281 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Tenby rocks are quite nice in that area. &nbsp;There is a platform underneath the old life boat station, steps to go down. &nbsp;This time last year, the mackerel fishing there was amazing, people were catching them with broom handles&#33; &nbsp;Unbelievable. &nbsp;

The sea was bubbling with them as the bass were hunting close in&#33; &nbsp;

North beach in tenby is another good venue I&#39;ve heard although I havent fished there myself. &nbsp;Sandy beach which has mackerel, flatties and the odd doggie.</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts