World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody.

I just bought a cheap rod and reel yesterday (Fladen Powerstick - 10'), but i've no idea what to do next regarding knots, rigs etc.

Any help would be verymuch appreciated.

I'm from Neath btw.

Ant :0)

G

·
The only suggestion I can give at the moment, is to read the excellent articles, you will see the menu system on your left!

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
hello mate, phil's right of course but also do you live anywhere near monknash beach as there will be a lot of us there next sat thanks to MARCUS and you will get some good advice from there :)

G

·
Or if he is anywhere near any angler, he could always ask them, I know that most anglers do not mind showing people how to do fishing type things!

·
Registered
52 Posts
some takel shops sell rigs that are already made, if you are not sure which rig to get, ask. They will be more than happy to help.
Also if you need help on the knot tieing just ask any angler, it can't hurt to ask, I mean, we all have to start somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've just bought my first beach rod and am planning an outing this weekend, tides dependant. Tackle shop was very helpful and even offered to show me how to make my own rigs if I go back mid week, as he was very busy on Saturday.
Been seafishing about a dozen times but never beachcasting. Bring it on little fishies :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts