World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a short break.

Did a bit of fishing with my kids in Holyhead Harbour and had a few wrasse and pollack.

Everywhere we went we found clean and tidy and the people friendly and helpful, with the exception of Bangor.

7pm and it was shut and the only people about were p*ss heads and hoodies.

We didn't hang around long and went back to the digs.

Still it hasn't put us off and we will no doubt return at the soonest opportunity.

Also the Welsh roads are in fantastic condition compared to our crappy English ones.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
Just got back from a short break.

Did a bit of fishing with my kids in Holyhead Harbour and had a few wrasse and pollack.

Everywhere we went we found clean and tidy and the people friendly and helpful, with the exception of Bangor.

7pm and it was shut and the only people about were p*ss heads and hoodies.

We didn't hang around long and went back to the digs.

Still it hasn't put us off and we will no doubt return at the soonest opportunity.

Also the Welsh roads are in fantastic condition compared to our crappy English ones.
glad you good time,shame about bangor am gussing you fishing on pier?shaggy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was the town centre.

Didn't get to fish the pier.

Next time we're going to stay a bit further north.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Bangor is full of the Uni students at night, no wonder they close early from what I have seen.

If you are a student at Bangor uni

Take a bow

and be ashamed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These weren't students, they were seasoned p*ss heads by the look of them.

There were a few student types about, but they were well behaved, even if they were downing the lager at the time.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Bangor is full of the Uni students at night, no wonder they close early from what I have seen.

If you are a student at Bangor uni

Take a bow

and be ashamed.
FYI, Term finished over a month ago. The evening pond-life in Bangor consists entirely of " lovely, intelligent locals". It you cared to even look, you'll find the students are invariably well-behaved..... Say no more.....

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
i agree,having gone to school in bangor and knowing the city fairly well you came accross the lovely single cell organisms known as locals.A problem not just in bangor but most small city/town centres in the uk at that time of the evening.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is very unfair to suggest that Bangor students are mindless, intimidating thugs.
As a resident of said city I can assure you all that the mindless thugs are largely locals. Bangor is a very intimidating and unpleasant place to be in the evening.
Without the University Bangor would be very much poorer both financially and culturally.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
It is very unfair to suggest that Bangor students are mindless, intimidating thugs.
As a resident of said city I can assure you all that the mindless thugs are largely locals. Bangor is a very intimidating and unpleasant place to be in the evening.
Without the University Bangor would be very much poorer both financially and culturally.
very true.shaggy

·
Registered
449 Posts
Afraid they are right, students are mostly well intentioned but as my sister in law at Ysbyty Gwynedd tells me locals not so, she sees the results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts