World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
At last i have got out in between this poxy weather,Set off on WW111 from Milford out to the shark grounds 40 mile out or so .The weather overcast but swelly,did nt do my stomach any good for 4 hrs :roll1::roll1:.Got some macky for the usuall bait over the hats and barrells and motored doun to the shark area.
Quite soon after the chum went out colin had a run which resulted in a drop bait ,as u can see from the photo of the macky theres some serious slash marks on the flanks.I had the second blue around 100lb,two other fish on as well,its gets very hectic when a number of shark are on at the same time.
A few more were brought aboard then i had another good fish on,three times up and it dived again...in the meantime gareth had a fish on to the right of me.I had the fish right at the back of the boat ready to come aboard and gareths fish ripped across my line and twang ...my fishy swam back to the davy jones s locker:roll1::roll1::roll1:
One of the lads was a diver so in some arrangement skipper had a cage aboard, ooo eer.Over the side of the boat it went roped to the stern,in went tom with a wetie and snorkel to take some underwater shots ,managed to take a few,one of the shots shows the shark close to the cage ,at a moment when one of the sharks was gently put in the water it promptly was quite keen to poke its nose thru the cage bars and slapped tom across the face re- adjusting his face mask ....brave man:mellow:
In all we had 14 blues out,one of the blues in the chum line came to the surface and tail slapped one of the floats.
There were lots of dolphins around the boat, sea birds diving around
A very pleasent day
Ill be back again in a few weeks .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Nice pics, wish those Blue ones would come close to the shore - just think of how many rods n reels that would be lost as the fish takes off with your bait!

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Well done to the skipper for putting you over the fish in the dodgy weather and well done to you all on catching them!

·
Registered
875 Posts
What nutter went over the side in a cage ?

He was risking serious injury, could have been slashed by a wayward Garfish beak.

Pel.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
well done brand good report there:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
nice report and pics brand wish there was the same round mumbles lol see you soon m8 tight lines

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What nutter went over the side in a cage ?

He was risking serious injury, could have been slashed by a wayward Garfish beak.

Pel.
yep i know the feeling ....ooooooooooowwwwwwwww

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:clap2: Nice one Brand - I'm due out on Celtic Wildcat a week Friday hoping for a nice blue! Good to see there's a few about :thumbs:

Dan
hope u get out m8.you have a good skipper if he can put u into the sharks...we lost about 4 hook ups as well....theres power in them,first run turn up the drag and look out,the sound of the ratchet is brill and when you ve got the fish up ..he dives again :roll1::roll1::roll1:

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nice report and pics brand wish there was the same round mumbles lol see you soon m8 tight lines
you never know ,,,,fancy that off the pier ...wwweeeeeeeeeeeee

1 - 20 of 31 Posts