World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having trouble keeping my bivvy still on the beach lately , do people use extra long tent legs hammered into the sand to keep things still or any other method used ?
Thanks guys for any replys
Tight lines

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,555 Posts
Pile up the sand/shingle/rocks on the skirt of the shelter.

If you need more due to very strong wind, anchor it down with bags of sand/shingle/rocks on guide ropes.

Dont forget to take the bags home with you!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
4x 9 inch squares of ply with a holes in the middle tie a guy rope through each , if you have pegging points on your shelter attatch a rope of a couple of feet , tie to the pegging point and bury the ply making sure it's horizontal , better than any peg

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I use bags on the lines filled with pea shingle...that was went I used my tent..I now use an imax.. push the legs in the sand then pile it up all round the bottom skirt

·
Premium Member
15,082 Posts
The skirts on a bivvy are there to load with sand/shingle! pegs are for when you're on grass. I use ply with a chord to anchor my brolly. (no need if using a bivvy on a beach)
Bags filled with sand for a hard surface.. pier, promenade etc.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Surplus jeans make A1 gravel bags along with the large money sacks cut legs off so turn jeans into shorts! turn inside out then beckon the FPO over to run them under her sewing machine turn back again one pair of bags load up then hitch turn a cord on one thread through shealter to other side do same on other bag can howl as much as it likes

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
But if correct as OP typed? he has a Bivvy Carp camping type so no skirts unless lying on his bed chair!

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
If you want to stick with pegs look at sand and snow spikes. Just a pricey version of the plywood

1 - 8 of 8 Posts