World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Anchorsholme Saturday low water up 2 big eels 1 of 3lb 1 bass of about 1lb lost 2.
High water 3 bass 1lb to 1 3/4 lost 4 and 1 flounder.
A young lad fishing next to me his first time sea fishing came with tinned mackerel a new sea fishing kit no shockleader not a clue what to do so i helped him set up gave him some worms and squid and he got a bass on but lost it at the bottom not bad for his first time said he will be back tomorrow

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Fished Anchorsholme Saturday low water up 2 big eels 1 of 3lb 1 bass of about 1lb lost 2.
High water 3 bass 1lb to 1 3/4 lost 4 and 1 flounder.
A young lad fishing next to me his first time sea fishing came with tinned mackerel a new sea fishing kit no shockleader not a clue what to do so i helped him set up gave him some worms and squid and he got a bass on but lost it at the bottom not bad for his first time said he will be back tomorrow

well done on the report matey :clap3::clap3:

and a very well done on helping that young lad :notworthy:notworthy:clap3:

tightlines.................................daz

·
Registered
490 Posts
Remind me to come and fish next to you next time crabs - you can sort me out as well:clap3:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Well done crabs ,i guess thats you i see with the tackle box on a trolley ? I guess you aren,t having too much trouble with crabs stealing your worms they can be a nightmare at times ,that eel is one of the biggest i have heard about for years ,in the 1980,s they were the main summer time fish at Anchorsholme aprt from a few codling and flounders there was little else ,we rarely caught bass but the eels just dissapeared hope they are making a comeback

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes thats me it's been fishing very well this year no problems with crabs yet had about 15 bass so far but nowt ovet 2 lb got the eels at about half way up the flood one straight after the other the other was about 2 lb
Fished the other side of the bullnose on the slipway last night for a change got a few small whiteing 1 codling and a small tope on a 2 hook flapper sand eel on one hook and fresh lug on the other it took the lug.
A small tope was also caught on the bullnose

1 - 5 of 5 Posts