World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a trip out on a friends boat yesterday to the legendary Kingmere after Bream. The day went well and we had several upto the magical 4lb but I have never seen so many boats in such a small area. I thought the Varne/Kerton Rd etc got busy but its got nothing on Kingmere!

Nice to get out again after almost 3 months. Rob

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
well done rob..............nice fishing..........my little trolling mark gets the same amount of boats over it..after ive posted a catch report

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Rob that does surprise me!
Bream just starting to appear in numbers, calm day, sun shining, bank holiday........
The combination even persuded you to go out again lol
How is the new boat?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rob that does surprise me!
Bream just starting to appear in numbers, calm day, sun shining, bank holiday........
The combination even persuded you to go out again lol
How is the new boat?
Hi Martin,
we knew it would be busy but wow not THAT busy, remember I am an eastern channeler so not used to that amount of boats!

New boats gone back to the builders to have the Gelcoat repaired, hoping to get it back next week some time. Hows your new boat going? Had it all dirty with fish-guts etc yet? Rob

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Boat has had a few issues, but this has not stopped the fishing. I have spent a lot of time travelling huge distances (100mile days) to find the fish, but at last the water is clearing and the fish are closer in (cheaper trips at last!)
I headed out yesterday too and had a good haul including 22 cod, pollock, wrasse and bass including this one......
Happy days
Hope to get an invite in the new boat when you get her back. I will wear my slippers !

image-2344743657.jpg

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boat has had a few issues, but this has not stopped the fishing. I have spent a lot of time travelling huge distances (100mile days) to find the fish, but at last the water is clearing and the fish are closer in (cheaper trips at last!)
I headed out yesterday too and had a good haul including 22 cod, pollock, wrasse and bass including this one......
Happy days
Hope to get an invite in the new boat when you get her back. I will wear my slippers !

View attachment 202315
Nice Fish, makes me want my boat back even more now!

Goes without saying you are welcome out anytime and I still owe old Lou a trip out to! Rob

·
Registered
456 Posts
Kingmere fishing superb at the moment and coming from north kent it certainly warrants the long trek down to brighton and get on a charter.

I do love the grunty fight the bream put up once hooked!!

We saw a couple of commercials down there last week floating for the bass. And saw some stonkers netted beside us.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Shame on you Raddishman, I invite you down to Littlehampton in the past and you can't make it and now I find out that you have been down here fishing our patch and you don't tell me you're coming !!! Tut, tut !!! But seriously, hope you had a good day on the bream while you can because next year might not be able to fish the Kingmere as it has been adopted as a Marine Conservation Zone and we are waiting to hear what we can or can't do there in 2015. Still lets hope that the pair trawlers get exemptions to destroy the natural habitat under Grandfather's Rights. Thought I saw some out today for the first time this year, don't you just love them ? All the best, Rusty.

·
Registered
999 Posts
plenty of parking spaces there on monday- was a nice day and plenty of fish- thought i saw your boat rob, and gcs- among seabreeze ect , but wasnt sure - we didnt get there till after 11 , and went between the 2 packs - some nice bream and plaice, more of those days please-lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Happy days

View attachment 202315
Having been unable to catch a bass by boat or shore if I caught that I would hyperventilate a super fish well done

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I was down there yesterday and there was about 6/7 boats,we had some nice bream and lots of big pout,wrasse and dogs oh and there was i think a pair trawler about

1 - 15 of 15 Posts