World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Takin my oldest daughter (5) across to angelsey this weekend to see some of the family and for me to do a spot o fishin,straits on thurs night (between the earls estate and the swellies just up from the statue) pen mon on friday ( bro in law tells me its leapin with mackeral the noo , goin to wylfa on sunday but now heres the question....
the family want to go to aberffraw on saturday for a spot of campin and lettin the kids run about the beach and thats all fine and dandy but ony ideas whats fishing there? best spots if any? in fact if its really worthwhile luggin my rods at all along with some camping paraphanalia ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Tricky Aberffraw can fish well for bass not big fish 2-4lb best spots are around the river mouth,top bait is a large rag but float fished live sandeel is fun if the bass are in.I've seen people spinning as well but I've never tried it there myself.If all fails its a lovely beach an anice place to spend a few hours :)

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
hi trickyk aberfraw is a great place to fish,try by the mouth of river u can catch dabs and other flatties,great beach 4 kids,u can fish of rocks 4 bass,pollack etc and the worse come worse,there is a pub in the villiage. ;) shaggy

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Take them to Newborough beach instead! Try fishing the surf at half tide up over the mussel bed! They can walk to Llanddwyn in the rain, very bracing! Mind you the weather forecast is prettty dire for Thursdat and Friday but perhaps a little better on Sunday.

If you really fancy seeing some great fish, then take them to the Sea Zoo, at least they'll be dry!

You can always fish the shore outside the Zoo particularly West towards and between the sandbank and the shore!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers swelly

took sis an er kids to newborough a fornight ago , fished all the ebb an flood ( yep a lot o walkin back and forward) and some of the ebb again , an only caught 3 small bass an a flattie all within 15 mins of the full tide (about midnight) surprised about the bass as there was no surf at all nd only castin about 40-60 yards out,was tempted to try fishin from the rocks away to the right hand side but morale was down and i couldnae be bothered.still coulda been worse at least there was no blank :rolleyes:

but yep deffo a good beach for the young uns.

weather wise this weekend hmmmmm , checked 5 day forcast yesterday an it looked pretty poor fri an sat but chacked it again this morning an it looks abit better fri an sat, now overcast instead o rain an good on sunday, looks like i'll only get wet tonight down the straits (rather be a bit wet there than penmon)

onyways i spose i better get me act together gonna head off in a couple o hours , noo where did i put me souwester (never trusted weather forecasts) :p

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Cheers!1 Did you try over the mussel bed? (If you've mentioned it, sorry, Altzheimers got to start somewhere!!) This is situated in the 'corner' made by beach and Llanddwyn and is best at half tide up. Use Peeler as crab is main predator of mussel so Bass will be expecting them. Tried there once last year but found fishing a little difficult. There were two (beginners) at Parachute-surfing having a go in the corner. That's why the beach is best at night obviously!!

Rain and neaps, fine weather and Springs! It's amazing how often that occurs! has anyone else noticed it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts