World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
At least he was rescued and knew what to do, knowing what your doing in that situation is a must for any angler in my opinion

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was having a drink on the balcony of The Lewinnick Lodge last friday (Pentire headland) and I was sat watching an angler down the bottom of the cliffs flicking out a lure. He seemed in a most precarious position considering the waves coming in, never mind the sets. I didn't really want to stop my overwatch so had another pint. Solitary and dangerous place especially with no life jacket on

Incredibly the day before I was looking for a surf spot and stuck my head over the cliffs at Whipsiderry beach to see what was going on. An angler had walked out to some prominent rocks at the Porth end of Whipsiderry beach been concentrating on fishing and hadn't realised the tide had come in and fully cut him off, he got back to the beach soaked to the chest

Accidents waiting to happen. I'm a surfer, do HSE on boats and get in the water everyday, I'm massively aware of how the sea can catch you out even in reasonable weather, especially around North Cornwall headlands. and if you've ever done a bit of coasteering you'll know how hard it is to get back on rocks in even a light swell when protected and floaty wearing wetsuit and bouyancy aid

Maybe overkill but when I'm on the rocks I carry pencil flares, a throw rope bag and handheld VHF in my daysack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts