World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a very early morning trip to Anglesea on Saturday. I've two marks in mind, one on either side of the island. I'm thinking make a decision which one to fish based on the wind when I get there. One I've fished a few times and always caught (low tide about 3am) The other I've seen both on Google earth and in person(low tide about 4am) It screams "fish me". It's about 50 yds onto private land. A pretty aggressive sign stating as much. I'm thinking a 4am forray "accidentally" onto there, no harm no fowel. Especially as anything caught will be returned carefully.
Just wondering if anyone would like to join me?

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
It will only be the high tide area thats private. As far as im aware the low tide area belongs to the crown. Or thats what im told locally here on the north east coast

·
Registered
88 Posts
Private beaches can extend to the mean low water mark. The Crown Estate manages less than half the foreshore between mean high and low water marks.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Oh I! And where you going trespassing 😂

If I wasn’t working I’d have been tempted but I’ll probably head out on Saturday night, taken Sunday off so would be rude not to.

Tight lines…… hopefully you catch & don’t get caught! 😁

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting thanks. On this particular mark there's no way to access along either shore without going above the high waterline. But there's another couple of places I can think of where that information will very helpful (y) (y) (y)
Oh I! And where you going trespassing 😂

If I wasn’t working I’d have been tempted but I’ll probably head out on Saturday night, taken Sunday off so would be rude not to.

Tight lines…… hopefully you catch & don’t get caught! 😁
lol maybe I'll show ya if it's any good. A beautiful little spit sticking way out under the sea. Deep one side gently shelving the other. With a bit of tide running I can just see the bass queuing up waiting disorientated bait fish being washed over it. Nice angled flat surface to walk out on as well. I found it on Google earth rocked up to fish it and there was this sign and a couple of people knocking about, shame looks even better in the flesh. I'm hoping I've got the place to myself this time🤞😉

1 - 5 of 5 Posts