World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for late report my comi has been playing up...... Went to anglesea last thurs stopped til sat night ...
Thurs ...On the way down stopped at Rhos on Sea got some bait at the pier and a new rod (half price gear) . Decided to have a quick go on the prom only one fish a nice fat pound Plaice . On to Anglesea to Benlech set up camp at Hewwits and fished the night tide low up .Loads of dogs and whiting fish every cast ,got board of em so got a Conger rig on mackie flapper and lobed it close within 5 mins got a take and after a fierce battle got a five foot conger onto the ledge below,which promptly spat the hook ,sod it i jumped down and tried to pick it up for a photo but it was too heavy and slippy and the waves were crashing onto me so i rolled it back in.The lads had a good laugh at me and we called it a night.
Fri... Up at 11 and off to find some mack for bait tried loads of spots round the island but only managed a couple of small Pollock. They were there alright but the seals and dolphins were at em.Had a look at the breakwater but fished the wrong spot and lost gear but got fed up with it so off back to Hewitts at Benlech for low up.My pals fished at range and picked up dogs I got a few whiting made flappers and fished close in picking out small huss and large dogs no eels showed ..
Sat...Up for low water and amused the tourists on the beach at Benlech pumping worm plenty to get and nice and big . Fresh bait fresh venue so off to the Sea zoo 3 hrs fishing nowt bait didnt last 2 mins crabs . Had a go spinning and plugging saw a silver flash and had a swirl behind a popper but nowt else . Decided to head home and one last go at Rhos on sea but to no avail ...

Hope its not too drawn out will be back and try Shell area....

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
Sorry for late report my comi has been playing up...... Went to anglesea last thurs stopped til sat night ...
Thurs ...On the way down stopped at Rhos on Sea got some bait at the pier and a new rod (half price gear) . Decided to have a quick go on the prom only one fish a nice fat pound Plaice . On to Anglesea to Benlech set up camp at Hewwits and fished the night tide low up .Loads of dogs and whiting fish every cast ,got board of em so got a Conger rig on mackie flapper and lobed it close within 5 mins got a take and after a fierce battle got a five foot conger onto the ledge below,which promptly spat the hook ,sod it i jumped down and tried to pick it up for a photo but it was too heavy and slippy and the waves were crashing onto me so i rolled it back in.The lads had a good laugh at me and we called it a night.
Fri... Up at 11 and off to find some mack for bait tried loads of spots round the island but only managed a couple of small Pollock. They were there alright but the seals and dolphins were at em.Had a look at the breakwater but fished the wrong spot and lost gear but got fed up with it so off back to Hewitts at Benlech for low up.My pals fished at range and picked up dogs I got a few whiting made flappers and fished close in picking out small huss and large dogs no eels showed ..
Sat...Up for low water and amused the tourists on the beach at Benlech pumping worm plenty to get and nice and big . Fresh bait fresh venue so off to the Sea zoo 3 hrs fishing nowt bait didnt last 2 mins crabs . Had a go spinning and plugging saw a silver flash and had a swirl behind a popper but nowt else . Decided to head home and one last go at Rhos on sea but to no avail ...

Hope its not too drawn out will be back and try Shell area....
well done sounds like fun,unlucky with congar.shaggy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts