World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am off work next Wednesday and Thursday and thought I will take a run over to North Wales, possibly stay over and grab a few hours sleep in the car. Any suggestions on some good marks. I thought of going either to Anglesey or the LLeyn Peninsula. I will more than likely be on my own so was looking for an easy mark for the night time session. Dont fancy being on the rocks in the dark on my own if I have never fished the mark before. Holyhead BW was one of my thoughts. Any sugestions and advice would be much appreciated.

TIA - John

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
try trefor pier. theres a few huss about lately and lots of dogs to keep you busy.

2 mins from the car and a safe carpark to have a nod in. idont think you,ll be alone though.

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Im sure he wont be alone,,, will be there myself.... my second home,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
You`d have to pay me an awful lot of dosh to fish Holyhead Breakwater....the most over-rated venue in the world:uhuh: Some spikey silver type things have started to show from Pistyll,Pontifynli,and Dinas:idea:

·
12,629 Posts
Oh i will try,, but its the silver ones im after at the moment........

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
You`d have to pay me an awful lot of dosh to fish Holyhead Breakwater....the most over-rated venue in the world:uhuh: Some spikey silver type things have started to show from Pistyll,Pontifynli,and Dinas:idea:

the silver ones have been all around the island for months

·
12,629 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Johnny_MC from my last 10 days fishing.

Ty Croes (Anglesey, Up A55 until about 10 miles from Holyhead, Follow signs for Ty Croes Motor Circuit - Park Up next to the racing track walk through / climb through the gates ( depending on whether open or closed!) and follow the various trails to a number of cliff ledges) - Dab, Dogs, Coalies, Whiting on a mixture of lug/rag/mackerel baits. Others have been having the odd ray though.

Holyhead Breakwater. (Follow signs for Holyhead) Whiting, Small Wrasse, Dogs.

Trefor Pier ( from A55 follow signs for Caernafon (A487), on leaving Caernafon follow the A487 then A499 (signposted Pwllheli) for about 15 mins. Get to second set of roadworks and you will see it signposted to the right)

Dogs, Pollack and Coalies. However others are getting Huss

Hope this helps

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Johnny_MC from my last 10 days fishing.

Ty Croes (Anglesey, Up A55 until about 10 miles from Holyhead, Follow signs for Ty Croes Motor Circuit - Park Up next to the racing track walk through / climb through the gates ( depending on whether open or closed!) and follow the various trails to a number of cliff ledges) - Dab, Dogs, Coalies, Whiting on a mixture of lug/rag/mackerel baits. Others have been having the odd ray though.

Holyhead Breakwater. (Follow signs for Holyhead) Whiting, Small Wrasse, Dogs.

Trefor Pier ( from A55 follow signs for Caernafon (A487), on leaving Caernafon follow the A487 then A499 (signposted Pwllheli) for about 15 mins. Get to second set of roadworks and you will see it signposted to the right)

Dogs, Pollack and Coalies. However others are getting Huss

Hope this helps
Thanks for the info Gareth, that is a good help. My plan is to fish 3 venues Wednesday lunch / afternoon, the evening and the following morning/lunch then head back home to Liverpool. I have fished the breakwater before and found it OK. Looking at the reports and reading you report on Trefor I am thinking of the going to the Lleyn rather than Anglesey. Trefor and Dinas both sound OK not sure where to go for the other session. Good luck for your session tonight. John

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
try your last session on pwhelli. might be a spiky thing close in or an early ray.
That sounds like a good idea, I did consider that as I could get some hot food there. where do you recommend the beach or the harbour as I have never fished anywhere on the Lleyn before.

Thanks John

·
12,629 Posts
Gimblet is your best bet... or try the rocky side of the harbour...... you cant get on at this side as there is work going on at the sand dunes.......

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Everyone for the advice. I was worried that the wind would not drop but but the forecast looks OK for the next couple of days so I'm all sorted to head off in the morning. I will post and let you know how I get on.

John

·
12,629 Posts
Where have you decided to fish?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Where have you decided to fish?
I'm just doing a final think/study now thought I would start at Dinas Dinlle tomorrow lunch. Look for a low water mark for a couple of hours then go to Trefor Pier tomorrow night and over to Phwelli on Thursday morning. As a local what do you reckon?

·
12,629 Posts
I would say.. you have it sussed,,,, might be at dinas myself tomorow, then im at the trefor pier meeting in the evening,,,,,,,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts