World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to the site! I live in Llanfairfechan, and was hoping that someone can tell me how to get to Anglesey Bait Centre

Thanks very much for all the tips on the site everyone!

Tight lines,

James

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yes it's the garage on the right before the moorings coming into beaumaris from menai bridge. You can tell Malc's place by the chaos outside, its the right hand side of the garage building. If you get lost, just ask anyone in the area with a fishing rod where malc's is and you'll get directions.

·
Registered
980 Posts
ANGLESEY BAIT CENTRE GALLOWS POINT 01248 810 009
was in anglesey bait centre this morning, if you have not been before ask if you dont see what you nead because it will be in a box , and only malcome will know where it is . other tackle shops stocks a little he stocks a lot. one day he will have larger shop...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your help,

I tried to find it on Google maps but where it shows it is doesnt look very likley, I know where the garage and boat yard is though!

Tight lines

James

·
Registered
710 Posts
heres a top tip , try and pay by cash at Malcs shop , his phone can play up really bad taking ages for your transaction to complete ,
sorry malc but i stood there for 15-20 mins waitin to get me recipt , i will pay by cash next time up , end of this month is planned , to fish angelesy........marks
Malcs PRICES are seconed to none . and stock is awsome!!

spiky:clap:

·
Registered
980 Posts
anglesey bait centre
was in the anglesey bait centre today and i bought a daiwa spinning rod and paid by debit card and the machine worked o.k other people were paying by card and the machine worked,he must have had the it fixed . it because he is waiting for his new shop to be built which he been waiting many years then everything will be new and up to date

·
Registered
278 Posts
dont think a new shop would suit malcolm,he is not happy unless he is amazing you by diving into a big pile of large cardboard cartons always at the back and at the bottom and coming up with the right gear,its all part of the experience.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been popping into ABC every week or so for the last couple of years and I've never had a problem paying on card. Sometimes if he's closing before I can get there, I even pay for stuff over the phone and he stashes it for me!

Top bloke, top shop, top prices.

·
Registered
980 Posts
dont think a new shop would suit malcolm,he is not happy unless he is amazing you by diving into a big pile of large cardboard cartons always at the back and at the bottom and coming up with the right gear,its all part of the experience.
yes that could be true
he,s come a long way he used to work for anglesey boat company and started selling bait for them, they let him have his own shop selling fishing tackle and now we have anglesey bait centre he dose bait and fishing tackle his way and it works

·
Registered
980 Posts
WERES MALCS NEW SHOP BEING BUILT ?
is it on the same site ?
spiky:headhurt:
it will be on the same site moved when they knock down the old black sheds anglesey bait centre will be on the end by the car park .
its all to do with the beaumaris marina they first stated to talk about this in 1997/1998 it went on and on it went for planning and was granted planning 2004 for the marina and new sheds, shops.
then a fight with the mussel beds owners stop it and it went to court again and became a big fight anglesey council spent a lot of money fight for the marina and still it not started.
malcome has been told since 2004 that this shop is going to be start always in the next few months. how he copes i dont know

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Must echo the feelings of those who have successfully bought tackle and bait from Aladin's Cave! Always use my card as always buy too much (mo9re than I went in for!) NEVER had any problems with the card incedentally. Yes his prices are very competitive and he is always open to searching his database - NOT VIRTUAL!! He has much odds and ends that are the last few items of seasons ago - JUST ASK and you'll get an honest answer.

Then, because lots of folk use him he'll have his thumb on the button of what's happening and if not ALL information he'll put you on a mark that is at least warm. I've also got three carp rods and a great float rod from him that I use here in the midlands and in the Straits (I decided to stick to small fish as I'm such an infrequent visitor to Anglesey these days. However I always try to fit in a chat with Malc whenever i'm up!)

Just a thought for the originator of this thread - get yourself a kayak, carry it across the sands from Llanfairfechan, then paddle across the channel to Gallows point!! (just a little joke!)

·
Registered
980 Posts
anglesey bait centre
was in the anglesey bait centre today and i bought a daiwa spinning rod and paid by debit card and the machine worked o.k other people were paying by card and the machine worked,he must have had the it fixed . it because he is waiting for his new shop to be built which he been waiting many years then everything will be new and up to date
thank you malcome for the spinning rod. one complaint tried it today, it took three casts to catch a nice 4 pound bass ...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.