World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya all

i have recentely bought a 14ft cjr and want to go boat fishing around the moelfre benlech area i launch from traeth bychan could anyone please tell me what i may catch and what bait i should use where to go etc... any advise would be grateful

cheers jon

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
going out this weekend om it taz yeah had loads of mack fishing on the rocks last week so hoping for a good days fishing, is there much coming up from fishing on the bottom,

cheers jon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi was that u last week who held my boat while i parked the trailer?
i have a cjr same as yours but 16' we fished around moelfre island together?
taz

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taz said:
Hi was that u last week who held my boat while i parked the trailer?
i have a cjr same as yours but 16' we fished around moelfre island together?
taz
hiya taz

it was me mate i was with cousin and uncle. did you get anythin else after you went away we just had that the ray=5ib and 1 doggy. cheers mate nice meeting you i am down this weekend again.

cheers jonathan

·
Registered
4 Posts
might get down this weekend have some parts for the boat
i had a small tope and several decent gurnard and 2 huge mackeral !
thanks for holding the boat mate

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Taz said:
might get down this weekend have some parts for the boat
i had a small tope and several decent gurnard and 2 huge mackeral !
thanks for holding the boat mate
i went down this weekend but didnt get out on boat the sea was rough on sunday. i fished the rocks instead loads of mackerel. where did you get your tope from? any bass marks around there i might go to puff island next time heard theres loads near there?
cheers jon

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
hi jonathon its fishing well 4 mac and odd pollack,if u lucky u will see some dolphins around bellech.shaggy

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Loads of bass between the perch and Puffin but be careull as it dries out and the bottom is really jagged rock. It is always rough with a very confused sea there due to the current coming through the sound. Live eel is your best bait there. There are some nice polack and wrasse to be had off the flat rocks on the seaward side of Puffin. If it is too rough come through the sound and fish the gullies in the banks on the Beaumaris side, plenty of bass in there but best at dawn or dusk.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi chris
yes heard that it can be rough around there. is it good in between puffin and penmon light house?
i also have been told to watch out as at the back of the island as there are 4 walls that you can get trapped in as the sea drops, would i be best there as the sea is coming up to high tide and leaving as its on the turn. cheers jon

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
In the sound there is a deep hole which usually holds herring and mack. Best thing is to have a look at the place at low water on a big tide, you can get the feel of the place then, see where the rocks are and the channels in the banks.

Not heard about walls at the back of Puffin, I have fished there a lot and not seen them. Pick a calm day and rising tide and you won't have any problems. Between Perch and Puffin if you stick to the perch side there is water a couple of hours each side of high.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ChrisP said:
In the sound there is a deep hole which usually holds herring and mack. Best thing is to have a look at the place at low water on a big tide, you can get the feel of the place then, see where the rocks are and the channels in the banks.

Not heard about walls at the back of Puffin, I have fished there a lot and not seen them. Pick a calm day and rising tide and you won't have any problems. Between Perch and Puffin if you stick to the perch side there is water a couple of hours each side of high.
cheers chris
i will probaly be going there in the weekend the 5th so ill let you know how i go on cheers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts