World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mate nik and me fancied a day`s fishing on the island on saturday so we set off at 7 am stopped off at rays for bait and carried on to anglsey,we had an idea where we wanted to fish but when we arrived the mark we wanted was ocupied.After a bit of a discussion we headed across the island to cemlyn bay

we fished hard for about 5 hours with nearly every bait known to man but did not get one single bite between us, the place seemed devoid of any fish so we decided to try and save the day by heading off to the breakwater at holyhead.
We got there about 4pm and started fishing it was`nt long before the bites started(at last)i was first to catch,only a pin whiting but still a fish saving the dreaded blank it was`nt long before nik had a small whiting the bites were steady all evening but proved hard to hit we fished up until about 9.30 pm my total was 5 whiting and nik had 3 whiting and to doggies it was`nt the day we had hoped for but we fished two new venues and we saved the blank,i think we`ll head back to the breakwater before we head back to cemlyn bay though,Del

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hiya Dell sorry to hear it was so quiet ror you mate , cemlyn is one our regular haunts but we,ve learned over the years to leave it alone if its calm , it fishes best with a strong north westerly blowing also it can be barren in daylight but as soon as it goes dark the kennel door opens, in summer if it is calm I,ve found the best thing to do is either go spinning on the rocks for pollack or try for the many mullet in the lagoon, but hey at least you got out I couldnt fish due to work this weekend so I booked today off to go fishing but didnt go cos I had trouble with my car, roll on next weekend......

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya Dell sorry to hear it was so quiet ror you mate , cemlyn is one our regular haunts but we,ve learned over the years to leave it alone if its calm , it fishes best with a strong north westerly blowing also it can be barren in daylight but as soon as it goes dark the kennel door opens, in summer if it is calm I,ve found the best thing to do is either go spinning on the rocks for pollack or try for the many mullet in the lagoon, but hey at least you got out I couldnt fish due to work this weekend so I booked today off to go fishing but didnt go cos I had trouble with my car, roll on next weekend......
cheers mal,i was`nt really that confident of catching there on saturday with having a bright sunny day,but we gave it a good go all the same,i`ve seen the mullet up the top end of the bay were the lagoon flows out into the bay,don`t mention cars mines off the road aswell had to cram all our gear into the little renuallt clio i bought my boys to learn to drive in.It was cramped to say the least.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
My mate nik and me fancied a day`s fishing on the island on saturday so we set off at 7 am stopped off at rays for bait and carried on to anglsey,we had an idea where we wanted to fish but when we arrived the mark we wanted was ocupied.After a bit of a discussion we headed across the island to cemlyn bay

we fished hard for about 5 hours with nearly every bait known to man but did not get one single bite between us, the place seemed devoid of any fish so we decided to try and save the day by heading off to the breakwater at holyhead.
We got there about 4pm and started fishing it was`nt long before the bites started(at last)i was first to catch,only a pin whiting but still a fish saving the dreaded blank it was`nt long before nik had a small whiting the bites were steady all evening but proved hard to hit we fished up until about 9.30 pm my total was 5 whiting and nik had 3 whiting and to doggies it was`nt the day we had hoped for but we fished two new venues and we saved the blank,i think we`ll head back to the breakwater before we head back to cemlyn bay though,Del
nevermind del u dint blank shaggy

·
Registered
45 Posts
its a gutter when there is no room at the venue you choose to fish.
at least you got to go out and get some fishing done even though you sounded like one yourself [sardines]in a clio.
RAGCASTER

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Well done Delboy on your fishing trip................and caught as well:)

Coastman

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well done Delboy on your fishing trip................and caught as well:)

Coastman
Cheers coasty,it could of been better but it was just nice for us to get out and cast a line.It seems age`s since we were last out fishing and we really enjoyed it even with the lack of fish,Del.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Those little whiting saved the day then Del. Even Anglesey doesnt seem to be fishing well in day light hours a the moment. You should of bought the Mrs a big bunch of flowers and stayed out untill early next morning:)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Those little whiting saved the day then Del. Even Anglesey doesnt seem to be fishing well in day light hours a the moment. You should of bought the Mrs a big bunch of flowers and stayed out untill early next morning:)
You're right there, Rhosnieger beach during daytime last week, not a touch, went to Ty Croes, had a few knocks early on, resulting in a good sized Coalie, then it went quiet until the light started to fade, then it all went a bit mad, doggies, Coalies and small codling, we had to shoot though, should have set up for a night session!

Tony

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
good, busy session.

johny-mc... fished there on wednesday and blanked:blink:

i think he could do with some advice from you guys.

well done

sorry put this on wrong thread duhh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts