76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one been fishing in anglesey reciently went last week
had 1 flounder thats it......
going next weekend hopefully better then,

·
Registered
207 Posts
Fished the breakwater in Holyhead last night. Between 4 of us we had doggies, wrasse, pollack, whiting, herring, rockling and a blenny. All on mackerel or ragworm.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the mackerel in there yet when i went 3 weeks a go to benllech caught 3 within 5 miniutes then that was it so must be round in few scholls
cheers

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
The last of the algae is still in the water so the fishing is still not at it's best. The mack have yet to shoal up but that should improve with this settled weather. Plenty of bass around though, I have had loads more bass than mack this year so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
three of us fished at ty-croes on saturday mornings tide every bait imaginable being eaten by just one species...doggys.so we tried the other side of the island at whitebeach in the afternoon and would you believe it doggys again .should have tried the power station for the bass but i was too knackered.
so good luck with your trip.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I fished all along there Saturday Andy, from Caernarfon to Holyhead in the boat, same result. Best place we found was 10 feet off Llandwyn island, we has a load of Pollack and Bass to live eel, the rest of the bay was rubbish.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. Great site.

Just got back from a great weekend spent on the rocks at Point Lynas, next to the jetty.
Dogfish, Pollack and some great hard-fighting Wrasse on light tackle. No Mackerel though, we did watch several boats drifting and feathering, but saw no-one catching any.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Welcome to the site Nigfis, the mack are realy patchy this year so far. Good spot you were fishing, some nice conger have come out there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ChrisP said:
The last of the algae is still in the water so the fishing is still not at it's best. The mack have yet to shoal up but that should improve with this settled weather. Plenty of bass around though, I have had loads more bass than mack this year so far.

WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR BASS FROM MATE
CHEERS JONNY

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
andyworks said:
three of us fished at ty-croes on saturday mornings tide every bait imaginable being eaten by just one species...doggys.so we tried the other side of the island at whitebeach in the afternoon and would you believe it doggys again .should have tried the power station for the bass but i was too knackered.
so good luck with your trip

WHICH POWER STATION, AMLWCH? HAVE YOU FISHED AROUND MOELFRE AREA?
CHEERS JONNY

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Johnny, my bass marks are all from the boat, if you have a boat you are welcome to them, There is a mark to the left of Llandwyn that I fish from the boat for bass that is only 10 feet from shore. It is to the left of the rock with the disused lighthouse.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ChrisP said:
Johnny, my bass marks are all from the boat, if you have a boat you are welcome to them, There is a mark to the left of Llandwyn that I fish from the boat for bass that is only 10 feet from shore. It is to the left of the rock with the disused lighthouse.
hiya chris
unsure of where llandwyn is, near newbourgh? i have a 15ft cjr boat recently bought i launch off traeth bychan and fished around moelfre only once with feathers but too early i think. have you fished around there.

cheers jonny

·
Registered
207 Posts
Fished mackerel rock Monday morning. Took ages to get into the mackerel, then when I did the seal nicked them trace and all. Did'nt see him again after that. Only managed 9 mackerel in 2 hours.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Jonathon, you have the perfect boat for bass fishing over the bar at Caernarfon. Have a look on Boatlaunch.co.uk for directions to Ronnies. £10 for tractor assisted launch and parking for car and trailer. Just at the back of where I live. 1 mile from the launch to some good bass marks and 3 miles to Llandwyn island, as you say near Newborough. There is a reef in the bay which holds bream, tope, smoothounds and pollack as well as the occasional trigger and garfish. Also a couple of good skate marks within 3-4 miles from the slip.

If you want to launch at Ronnies and have a go at the bass call in and get some live eels, I kep a few in tanks. I will point you to the marks and give you what help I can on tackle. PM me for directions to house if you fancy a day out this end.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cheers chris will do that not this weekend as i have work to do on the boat trailer but probaly next time i come to anglesey i will pm you nearer time probaly 2-3weeks
thanks again jonathan

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nigfis said:
Hi all. Great site.

Just got back from a great weekend spent on the rocks at Point Lynas, next to the jetty.
Dogfish, Pollack and some great hard-fighting Wrasse on light tackle. No Mackerel though, we did watch several boats drifting and feathering, but saw no-one catching any.
hi nigfis
going to anglesey tomorow i might try point lynas when you get to the small roundabout at the bottom do you go right up the hill to the carpark and fish near there.....
cheers jonny

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi ther im new to this site but was wandering can anyone tell me how to get to the rock marks at ty-croes,rigs,tackleshop nos etc im coming from the midlands thank you
pedro

1 - 20 of 32 Posts