World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fishing anglesey tomorrow wondering if there is any one else fishing in the morning.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fished penmon old quarry on the flats to the left (low water up) had a small huss three doggie's ,a small dab,two pollock,a nice red gurnard and only two mackie's but all in all it was a very good day weather was nice a flat calm at first then a little bit of tide run a couple of hour's before high, i only fished for about four hour's (had to get the kid's from school) but it is a nice venue and comfortable to fish from. be going back there in a fortnight to try into darkness ta ta for now happy fishing.

·
Registered
767 Posts
hi joe

where is penmon old quarry? i have fished whitebeach which is an old quarry with flat rocks. is there one of these at penmon? if so any chance of some directions pls.

thanx

:) :) :)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this little gem used to be a well kept secret, follow the road to penmon point and after the little hut where you pay £2.00 to a very nice gentleman carry on going until you get too the second metal gate on your left which says private, follow this road down to the water and park beside the rock's, then walk to your left away from the light house towards the quarry,you then pass a fence then about 200yards you are there and the flat rock's are under your feet, but be careful when climbing down. p.s. they cover over on big tides but you can fish from the rock's a bit furter back you also need to cast about a 100 yards to get over the rough and onto the sand i use a slosh or a525 to get back in with out snagging. hope this helps happy fishing joe.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Thanx for the info joe, will give this mark a try in the very near future.

cheers :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts