World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ordered anything from this company

Ordered a rod a few weeks ago, Was out of stock and due in betwen 6 - 10 days. Never heard anything and then had to go thru Paypal to get a refund

Their Customer Service Number is never answered and no is their emails

I did get a refund but just wondering whether i was the "unlucky" one....

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've been caught like this before - but not with this company.

What I usually do is ring to make sure what I want is in stock then buy it. If it's out of stock I try to find out when they expect it back in stock - then I ring again and buy if it's in.

This can be a pain - especially with AD's phone system as it terminates your call after you've been in the que for a while (you can leave a message but I dont) and you have to call back but when you eventually get through the guy's Ive spoken to are usually knowledgeable and helpful.

It's a pain - but it works for me.

kev

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Shi*te happens then we learn. At the end of the day, support your local tackle shop, and dont be supprised if you can haggle a good deal from them, they need your custom too and most of the time will match or better some shafters online price.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I will always endorse supporting local businesses - however some of us do not have that luxury.
I probably live as far away from the sea at is possible in the UK and my 'local' tackle shop is almost a 30 mile round trip away - plus they don't stock any sea kit at all so some of us have no option but to buy online or mail order.

Kev

·
Registered
583 Posts
Shi*te happens then we learn. At the end of the day, support your local tackle shop, and dont be supprised if you can haggle a good deal from them, they need your custom too and most of the time will match or better some shafters online price.
well said
use them or we will lose them!!!!

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
some shafters online price.
Not all online stores are "shafters" as you put it .... there are plenty of walk-in businesses that come under that heading too!!!!

What your also being extremely short sighted about is that probably more than 90% of the online stores are local tackle shops with a website!

There's a hell of a lot of tackle retailers (both online and otherwise) that will tell you that business is booming at the moment ... if your a tackle company and your business isn't doing well right now then you need to take stock and see where your going wrong ... and fundamentally nowadays if your not able to do business online then you are probably going to struggle at the very least - not having a website is a bit like running a pub and barring 90% of the customers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts