World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its probably been done to death but why do anglers still leave there crap behind.
So this morning i went for a recon to a local river to check out a spot i have wanted to fish for a while. Upon my arrival i found the usual crap washed up the odd bottle here n there and other bits n bobs but nothing to say it couldn't be a fish holding spot.
Anyhow as i turned around to leave i spotted half a dozen Tronix bags a couple of empty bottles and usual crap associated with a session on the beach.
Why oh why cant people just stick this stuff in there bags and take it home its not hard is it.
As if us anglers havent got it tough enough without having to put up with dumb t w a t s like that.
Honestly it does my head in.
Yes i did pick it up and take it home but why the heck i should clear up after them is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Any food item sold in disposable packaging should be taxed to the feckin hilt. It's time to get radical before it's too late. We are turning the World into a shlthole.

And large on the spot fines for people caught littering. It's time to get tough, not pussy foot around.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Here we're in the middle of nowhere to start with, yet go to a remote rock mark in summer and you'll find trash everywhere, including Ammo bait packs and uk newspaper wraps. People spend a fortune to get and stay here then treat it as a shithole. Some landowners have had enough and are stopping access for any anglers, including us who live here! So unless you have the permission of the landowner and leave no crap, feck of back to the UK and leave your sh1t there.

·
Registered
25,644 Posts
"the macky are in"! Usually starts it here! I've carried bags of rubbish off a mark here! So when it's silly season I fek off out on the boat away from the idiots!

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Happy to report that the beach clean up's I've been involved in recently have seen little or no recreational angling litter. Those that do leave it are the same sort who throw rubbish out of car windows and don't clear up after their dogs.. low life's really.
Same here mate, angling related litter we find is no more than 2%. Still 2% too much but I have always said littering is a society problem and should not be pinpointed towards angling. The general public, including some anglers, seem to have lost respect for our freshwater and marine environments and it is going to take much education and heavy fines to turn that around.

·
Registered
988 Posts
"the macky are in"! Usually starts it here! I've carried bags of rubbish off a mark here! So when it's silly season I fek off out on the boat away from the idiots!
yer definitely gets worse in macky season but it's not just them, my local venue is south shields pier and going there in the winter early morning sometimes the place is left like a **** hole after the night shift have been on.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
The crap left with us is often at remote marks, where tourists (except walkers) just don't go. There is no rubbish that isn't from anglers, just bait packets, last weeks UK Sun, line, broken traces (still with hooks), spliff butts, beer cans, hook packets etc. I've even found a pile of dead doggies with all the other crap. A lot of people who come here on holiday just don't give a sh1t and have the typical 'brits abroad' syndrome, ie I'm going to do my thing and don't give a feck if it spoils it for everyone else. It hasn't gone unnoticed here with locals, and tourists from the UK are catching (even surpassing) the German reputation for an attitude of rudeness and inability to ever give way on single track roads.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know its probably been done to death but why do anglers still leave there crap behind.
So this morning i went for a recon to a local river to check out a spot i have wanted to fish for a while. Upon my arrival i found the usual crap washed up the odd bottle here n there and other bits n bobs but nothing to say it couldn't be a fish holding spot.
Anyhow as i turned around to leave i spotted half a dozen Tronix bags a couple of empty bottles and usual crap associated with a session on the beach.
Why oh why cant people just stick this stuff in there bags and take it home its not hard is it.
As if us anglers havent got it tough enough without having to put up with dumb t w a t s like that.
Honestly it does my head in.
Yes i did pick it up and take it home but why the heck i should clear up after them is beyond me.
I think the issue is deeper than this. On the river Thames in London where I live there are tones of rubbish flowing on the river everyday, so 99.9% of the rubbish is not from the anglers. I run a catering business and I visited my sister family in America nearly 10 years ago, in America at the time when I visited you get paid for recycling your bear bottle and other objects, so they never throw any of these away but take to the recycling point to get some money back, but over here catering business has to pay for recycling stuff and it is not cheap. In South East they are very much buying everything including metal...the bottom line is that in Europe we are too rich otherwise people will take all their rubbish home if they don't then I am sure some poor people will do that.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think the issue is deeper than this. On the river Thames in London where I live there are tones of rubbish flowing on the river everyday, so 99.9% of the rubbish is not from the anglers. I run a catering business and I visited my sister family in America nearly 10 years ago, in America at the time when I visited you get paid for recycling your bear bottle and other objects, so they never throw any of these away but take to the recycling point to get some money back, but over here catering business has to pay for recycling stuff and it is not cheap. In South East they are very much buying everything including metal...the bottom line is that in Europe we are too rich otherwise people will take all their rubbish home if they don't then I am sure some poor people will do that.
Sorry for some spelling mistakes and missing words, I meant BEER bottle, and South East Asia...

·
Registered
100 Posts
The crap left with us is often at remote marks, where tourists (except walkers) just don't go. There is no rubbish that isn't from anglers, just bait packets, last weeks UK Sun, line, broken traces (still with hooks), spliff butts, beer cans, hook packets etc. I've even found a pile of dead doggies with all the other crap. A lot of people who come here on holiday just don't give a sh1t and have the typical 'brits abroad' syndrome, ie I'm going to do my thing and don't give a feck if it spoils it for everyone else. It hasn't gone unnoticed here with locals, and tourists from the UK are catching (even surpassing) the German reputation for an attitude of rudeness and inability to ever give way on single track roads.
Littering is a curse, one of my absolute pet hates and no need for it. But the littering you allege from us awful “Brits abroad” is a mere drop in the ocean compared to the rubbish left and tipping by your fellow country folk over here.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Littering is a curse, one of my absolute pet hates and no need for it. But the littering you allege from us awful “Brits abroad” is a mere drop in the ocean compared to the rubbish left and tipping by your fellow country folk over here.
I'm from the UK and the attitude of UK tourists causes me personal grief from those that don't know I live here. As for 'alleged', where are other anglers going to get bait with £ prices on the packets, wrapped in the Sun, Mail etc? We're talking angling here, or so I thought, so bringing travellers into it is just juvenile tit for tat argument. There's plenty of places in the world that the UK has destroyed, including Ireland historically.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm from the UK and the attitude of UK tourists causes me personal grief from those that don't know I live here. As for 'alleged', where are other anglers going to get bait with £ prices on the packets, wrapped in the Sun, Mail etc? We're talking angling here, or so I thought, so bringing travellers into it is just juvenile tit for tat argument. There's plenty of places in the world that the UK has destroyed, including Ireland historically.

Oh dear.
I can see where this discussion is going

1 - 20 of 51 Posts