3, AT All Sussex Boat Championship
5. AOB

The venue will be open from 6.30pm and food is available at the bar, meal/snack

Meeting is open to all anglers/charter skippers

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Meeting tonight at the Littlehampton and District Angling Club in Littlehampton, just google RNLI station, the LDAC is adjacent.

Start 8.00pm

Draft agenda : Kingmere and any possible code of conduct for anglers

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advanced warning , will arrange to get there ... hmmm its now fri am .....
:rtfm:
I mentioned this on another thread in the south coast section on Monday when someone asked about the meeting. He heard about it from the LDAC and we also plastered the meeting all over FACEBOOK.

If I posted a thread about it with plenty of notice I would be accused of being on a recruitment drive like last time, with a mod threatening to close the thread or drag it to C&P.

So people cannot have it both ways, unfortunately because of this WSF is not the best platform to inform anglers of what is happening which is a real shame because it has so much potential.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I mentioned this on another thread in the south coast section on Monday when someone asked about the meeting. He heard about it from the LDAC and we also plastered the meeting all over FACEBOOK.

If I posted a thread about it with plenty of notice I would be accused of being on a recruitment drive like last time, with a mod threatening to close the thread or drag it to C&P.

So people cannot have it both ways, unfortunately because of this WSF is not the best platform to inform anglers of what is happening which is a real shame because it has so much potential.
problem also with face book mr Phillips is some of those who post on there have also blocked those who they don't wish to communicate with, for example I can't read your page, not that it bothers me, however the org the trust, claims it reps me, but I am blocked, at no time have I abused that page nor swore on it, yet because I have a different opinion to their management ideal I am not allowed to see what is communicated. The same as the kent and Essex sea angling page, run by so called rsa ifca reps, and you know who you are, I have been blocked and no doubt others just by asking one question. Openness, transparency and communication is not something those so called reps are very good at.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
problem also with face book mr Phillips is some of those who post on there have also blocked those who they don't wish to communicate with, for example I can't read your page, not that it bothers me, however the org the trust, claims it reps me, but I am blocked, at no time have I abused that page nor swore on it, yet because I have a different opinion to their management ideal I am not allowed to see what is communicated. The same as the kent and Essex sea angling page, run by so called rsa ifca reps, and you know who you are, I have been blocked and no doubt others just by asking one question. Openness, transparency and communication is not something those so called reps are very good at.

Never mind Barry there's always C&P, someone there must surely want to speak with you.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Never mind Barry there's always C&P, someone there must surely want to speak with you.
works both ways mr Phillips, shame the fishy orgs and reps select who and where they wish to converse. As opposed to across the board, openess and transparency is not the case is it?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Back on topic.
Reg, could'nt make thursday so please can you give a brief summary of what was discussed etc.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back on topic.
Reg, could'nt make thursday so please can you give a brief summary of what was discussed etc.

Cheers
Tony
Sure No problem

I informed anglers present that the ATSMR has received an update from the Sussex IFCA regarding the Kingmere MCZ and the scientific study on Black Bream taking place during 2014. We also had a very good update from the charter skippers involved in the tagging process.

We briefly discussed angling activity on the Kingmere reef and started work on a very basic voluntary code of conduct for anglers within the Kingmere MCZ, this to show the Sussex IFCA that local anglers and charter skippers are conservation minded and prepared to work alongside the IFCA to support the MCZ while promoting good practice within the iconic recreational fishery.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Cheers Reg, did any commercial skippers attend?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Reg, You know I meant active commercial fishermen :laugh: Suprised none attended as any restrictions would surely affect them. But as it was an anglers meeting I can see why they might not of attended.
Keep the info coming Reg.

Cheers Tony

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reg, can you contact dave re numbers for Sundays match please
Thanks for the nod Frank, Tim has been in touch.

A decision on the marina comp will be made tomorrow and I will post something on here as soon as we know what's happening.

If the comp is on it will be 10.00 - 15.00.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Lack of numbers i'd suspect,which is a shame. My Dad and a few others from our club are booked in. In terms of match fishing on the marina alot of people dont fancy the walk so they dont bother.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts