World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been out a couple of times this week with a few fish caught. Best one a Codling just over 3lbs. Had a few Codling between 1lb and 2lbs. Also had few small Coalies and tried livebaiting with one of them but had no luck.

All the Codling were pretty clean looking none of them very red.

The best bait was Peeler and had a spell of a fish a cast for about 4 or 5 cast. Always thought Cod fishing on the East coast was a winter affair but the last week has changed my view on that. Hopefully get out again somepoint this weekend if the sea settles a bit. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Always thought Cod fishing on the East coast was a winter affair but the last week has changed my view on that. Hopefully get out again somepoint this weekend if the sea settles a bit. :)
Well done on your catches...Personally i have found that cod can be caught most months of the year sometimes where you don't expect to find them,not big sizes but codling all the same.

·
Registered
903 Posts
mmm,some nice fish must give the cliffs a bash before winter tight lines the fox:notworthy

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
cod available on this coast for virtually 12 months of the year mate.some of the summ er bags easily match the winter ones.can get a bit monotonous fishing for cod 12 months of the year though !
cheers rab

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only managed a few over winter so the summer ones are more than welcome. Also save a bit on the fuel costs only driving 30 mins down the road rather than heading west.

Always thought the East coast was pointless in summer but now I know there are plenty Codling, Wrasse, and Pollack around its good for those last minute adhoc trips.

·
Deputy Jokes Forum Examiner
2,909 Posts
Great report nice fish however i notice that you aren`t wearing a floatie or any buoyancy aids please be careful!!!!!

Paul

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great report nice fish however i notice that you aren`t wearing a floatie or any buoyancy aids please be careful!!!!!

Paul
I do have a floatie mate but the mark I was at is safe to get to and safe to fish from. Maybe if there was a strong east wind etc I would wear it but the nights I was there it was no problem :).

·
Registered
736 Posts
I do have a floatie mate but the mark I was at is safe to get to and safe to fish from. Maybe if there was a strong east wind etc I would wear it but the nights I was there it was no problem :).
Looks like a great wee mark. How far along the cliffs is it if you don't mind me asking? I've been meaning to try them for a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts