World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many magnets should I use ? I have just got two second hand mag elites and would like to sort them without going over the field. I use a nice lazy fishing pendulum or Brighton cast and may at some stage in the future get back to the field but only to improve my fishing distance .
Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i would class myself as a reasonable/good caster and fish with the green 6500
C3CT mag elites.
i use 4 magnets and yellow rocket fuel in ABEC bearings. i do not use any blocks.
i use the mag slider for spool control and the reel is quite fast enough. i get between 6-10 secs with the mags on full and about 40 secs with the mags fully off.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would class myself as a reasonable/good caster and fish with the green 6500
C3CT mag elites.
i use 4 magnets and yellow rocket fuel in ABEC bearings. i do not use any blocks.
i use the mag slider for spool control and the reel is quite fast enough. i get between 6-10 secs with the mags on full and about 40 secs with the mags fully off.
What base setting do you have the mag slider on when casting with tail wind and with it in your face.....My fishing cast would get me 190/200 yds over grass with my old reels, to give you some idea.
just looking for basic setting ideas to save me time...
Cheers
Baza

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
What base setting do you have the mag slider on when casting with tail wind and with it in your face.....My fishing cast would get me 190/200 yds over grass with my old reels, to give you some idea.
just looking for basic setting ideas to save me time...
Cheers
Baza
they are running slow now and i set to about 5 into a head wind and about 3 with wind behind.

i am planning to speed them up and will be about 7 into headwind and 5 with wind behind.
the easiest way to set them up is while fishing. set at max first cast. if no probs then drop by one notch or 1/2 notch for next cast and continue until the line starts to lift at start of cast. put back 1/2 notch and this should do.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hi,
I would not remove any magnets,but remove blocks place mag setting on full then turn down mags one notch at a time untill its ok with your casting style and weather conditions. hope this helps

Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts