World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All

New to the site and find it very informative. Only sorry my first post is a request fro help.

I've taken the end plate off my mag elite (green)- and it's all gone pear shaped. the plasctic piece containing the mags has dropped out along with what I can only describe as being a v shaped metal plate that looks like it is shaped that way to act as a spring for the magnets. I knwo I could take it in to a local shop and it would take a couple of mins to put back into place but it's now become a matter fo pride to put it back together meself- can anyone offer any assistance

Thanks very much in advance

Stuart

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Welcome to WSF Stu. :)

It's a bit hard to explain on a forum without confusing you further, it is probably best to take it along to a tackle shop, it will take about 2 minutes to fix and you can see how it's done for future reference, can't see them charging you for it to be honest. I know pride is at stake here, but we all started somewhere, I strip and reassemble mine with my eyes shut now, but at one time it was a major operation which commandeered the kitchen table for a weekend. :D

Hope this helps anyway, good luck with the reel. :)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Rob- annoyingly I've got the schematic but its just the dinky little clip I'm having problems with - the schematic shows it but not where it goes- aarggghhhh:giveup: so will take your advice

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
The schematic can be confusing as well, it shows the exploded parts but doesn't tell you the order they are assembled in! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I had the same problem with mine when I first got it, spent about 3hrs trying to work out how the blasted thing went back on. Finally gave up and dug out the diagram that came with the reel and then solved it in about 2 mins....I think there's a lesson there!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And let that lesson be- don't meddle with things you dont understand- my lesson hath been learned- Asolutely blo*dy marvellous Big Dee- sorted it- thanks a million

STuart

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
From memory it's best done with the spool out. There is a place on the magnet carrier that the steel spring fits into. It's not held in place. Having the spool out allows the magnet carrier to be held in place while the end cap is put back on. The adjustment part needs to be positioned correctly too.
Wish I could give a clearer description and hope my memory is correct.

John

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Ajohn

Yes you're right about the adjustment part needing to be in the right position and it was easier doing with the spool out- thanks to everyone for the help- I feel a lot better now with pride intact:clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
24,278 Posts
Taking photo's of a sequence of stripping a reel can be worth hours of frustration because even if you " RTFM " it is often slightly different on the manual to the latest /oldest.model

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many Thanks for the offer. I've managed to get it all back in place and its running nice and smoothly again. If its alroght however I might give you a bell for advice about tuning it

Cheers again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts