World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, went this morning to Huttoft as it was a high tide, folks had said good chance of catching on big tides, the weed was very bad until the the tide settled, i used rag, sandeel, and mackerel but to no avail :huh:, Could be the way i'm fishing, i'm using 210 lead and a bomber rig, clip down, iv'e even used flurocarbon on hook lengths, should i wait till it gets colder in a few weeks :huh: or persist, is huttoft any good this time of year?
cheers Mr fishfilliter

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Unlucky mate.
I never had a lot of luck when I used to fish Huttoft a few years back, but others did :)
If I could only choose one bait, i'd choose Lug, try to locate the gullies and get a bait into there, I wouldn't waste my money on Flouro lines.

I'm sure you'll get more and better info. from the locals down that way, good luck next time.

AL ..

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Hard luck on the session.
I am looking forward to my blanking this weekend as not had chance to get on the shore for a while.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Matey the advice from the tackle shop in Ingolmels should help next time we go. Fishing the gully's will hopefully bear fruit. It worked before when you caught the flatties...............Simples

·
Registered
145 Posts
plenty of weever about at the moment seen a few sole come out at six marsh and a few flounder but other than that i think most are blanking at the moment stick with it try fishing near the outlet for your flatfish i favor razor clam as it stands the chewing and gnawing by the crabs and dont give up hope. it will come right in the end

1 - 6 of 6 Posts