World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goldhanger Firday evening, crabs stripped bait within seconds of hitting the water, weed clogged up everything, p'd off, fed up, only a few bites, crabs probably ate them to !!!!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Commiserations
Have you tried lure fishing at Goldhanger?
A mate of mine catches a fair few schoolies there spinning redgills .
Crabs can't get you then!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Commiserations
Have you tried lure fishing at Goldhanger?
A mate of mine catches a fair few schoolies there spinning redgills .
Crabs can't get you then!
If there hadn't have been such a strong breeze would have taken my fly rod and tried for the bass and mullet on he fly, that is good and fun to.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve you must be amassing quite a collection of cheque books and pens now:wiggle:
:crazy::wheelchai
I went for a very long time without a blank and I am now paying for it:blink:

Trouble is every thig seemed perfect, should have caught shed loads, both times. :giveup:

G

·
hi steve,where u going next weekend?i'll make sure i don't go there!:spiteful::spiteful:

ps.my mates just bought a nice trek racer for a grand...and he said that was cheap!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi steve,where u going next weekend?i'll make sure i don't go there!:spiteful::spiteful:

ps.my mates just bought a nice trek racer for a grand...and he said that was cheap!
Depends which model, was never very keen on the Treks myself, preferred Slecialized or Shoguns in the American bikes, but if I really could chose, money no object maybe An Orbea Starship or a Colnago, they're real bikes. My bike shop hab an Orbea Starship Ally frame in my club colours, bit the frame was more than my complete best bike would cost and my wheels are more than £500 :notworthy

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Depends which model, was never very keen on the Treks myself, preferred Slecialized or Shoguns in the American bikes, but if I really could chose, money no object maybe An Orbea Starship or a Colnago, they're real bikes. My bike shop hab an Orbea Starship Ally frame in my club colours, bit the frame was more than my complete best bike would cost and my wheels are more than £500 :notworthy
Strewth Steve I can get a compleat bike from Tesco's for £45 :g::g:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
G

·
Dave I would not be able to get up a 1 in 50 on the best money could buy, not like you youngsters. :showoff::showoff:
i'm gonna try hollingbourne hill tomorrow.done it before on me old bike but had to get off for a breather half way!

that is one git of a hill on a pushbike!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Strewth Steve I can get a compleat bike from Tesco's for £45 :g::g:
cheaper at asda pmsl:laugh::laugh::laugh:
You would risk you life on one of those bikes ?????????:bones:

A mate at work was telling me that I was mad paying more than £100 for a bike and the one that he bought for £50 was the dogs. It turned out that the tubing was so soft that the stem twisted with very little pressure, had that happened in heavy traffic or at speed the consequencies don't bear thinking about.
Do not touch these so called wonderful bikes at silly prices, unlike cheap tackle that falls apart, these bikes could kill!!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
You would risk you life on one of those bikes ?????????:bones:

A mate at work was telling me that I was mad paying more than £100 for a bike and the one that he bought for £50 was the dogs. It turned out that the tubing was so soft that the stem twisted with very little pressure, had that happened in heavy traffic or at speed the consequencies don't bear thinking about.
Do not touch these so called wonderful bikes at silly prices, unlike cheap tackle that falls apart, these bikes could kill!!
come on now Steve they are called push bikes thats why you push them along, you dont ride them.:crazy:so it would be quite safe for me

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
come on now Steve they are called push bikes thats why you push them along, you dont ride them.:crazy:so it would be quite safe for me
Not really complaining Alan, it's just that when I am descending at 40mph plus I like to know that what I am riding won't collapse under me.:crazy:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts